Real Name
    dawn
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chopper
    Likes (Received)

Default Old English bull dog

Is there much difference between old English bullys & English bullys in nature different in looks

Real Name
    dawn
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chopper
    Likes (Received)

Smile Re: Old English bull dog

Does anyone have a old English bully would love some advise chat

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Old English bull dog

I have had Olde English, Frenchie and now two EB Knuckleheads. The two are only 10 months old. So far I cannot tell much difference in the Olde and EB's. The Frenchie was Totally different. The Frenchie would eat your *** alive. The EB is a smaller OEB with less brute strength. The OEB Hated Kids. If a kid came over we would have to put him up. All the neighbors knew that if the OEB got loose (which never happened) to run inside and call us. So far so good with the EB. Time will tell. Hope this helps.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

i tagged two members that I could think of off the top of my head that have OEB. OEB tend to not have as many health issues as the EB and they are taller.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

great question! I've always wondered about this as well.

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin' groomzilla Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ron
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

weight and height muscle mass are the basic differences reaching over 100 lbs quite often

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

I have always thought Tank was more Olde English. He is a dream health wise. He breathes well (better than my little English gal that we had) even in more extreme situations temp or exertion wise. His temperament is amazing. He puts up with my young daughters playing "vet" on him and is very good with all the foster dogs and our dane puppy. He is a ton of dog in a smaller body though! He weighs about 60 pounds right now and is very very strong (he can take me for a walk!).

Body wise, he doesn't have as smooshed of a snout as most Bulldogs and he is a little taller and longer in the body. Check out my album for pics of him (he's the brown and white one )

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

OEB have less breathing problems because their snouts are longer. They can be bigger but not always. Brutus my fawn guy is OEB.
    My smooshy face boy!

Real Name
    dawn
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chopper
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    OEB have less breathing problems because their snouts are longer. They can be bigger but not always. Brutus my fawn guy is OEB.
    How adorable is he he looks so big too

Real Name
    dawn
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chopper
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RalphieBoy View Post
    I have had Olde English, Frenchie and now two EB Knuckleheads. The two are only 10 months old. So far I cannot tell much difference in the Olde and EB's. The Frenchie was Totally different. The Frenchie would eat your *** alive. The EB is a smaller OEB with less brute strength. The OEB Hated Kids. If a kid came over we would have to put him up. All the neighbors knew that if the OEB got loose (which never happened) to run inside and call us. So far so good with the EB. Time will tell. Hope this helps.
    My OEB does have a bit of a temper with certain people though did worry us a little he's 7 months now he's getting so big & he has got a good side to him but we're going to try puppy classes see if that changes him a little thankyou for replying

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

I got tagged for this thread but I don't have an Olde English. I have an Amitola English that has AKC papers as purebred English. Unlike Olde English, Amitola is not a mixed breed - it is offspring selection of purebred EBs. Basically, they take a litter of purebred EB puppies, pick the puppy that displays their desired characteristic (narrower chest, wider butt, not too smooshed nose, perfect EB personality, etc.) and only breed those.

Olde English, on the other hand, is a mixed breed. They take an EB and mix it with American Bulldog, Bullmastiff, and Pit Bull to maintain the strength and temperament of the English bulldog but get rid of much of its health issues. As this breed is not currently accepted by any of the main Kennel Clubs - it is tricky to get a purebred OEB. To guarantee that your dog is a true OEB, you'll have to get the paper from the OEB Kennel Club.

So, if you got the OEB from a reputable breeder with the paper, you have a dog with the EB temperament - highly intelligent and independent (many people think they are stubborn and dumb because they're not easy to train because they have a mind of their own), friendly, and tolerant of other pets and kids. They are strong and active dogs and can be protective and alert. They may still have EB health issues but generally, this dog should be relatively healthier.

Unfortunately, a lot of OEBs out there are not standard ones and instead of displaying the EB temperament, they would display more of the other mixes - so they would be more like pit bulls or bullmastiffs, etc. So, it really depends on where you get the OEB from and its specific lineage. I've had interaction with purebred OEBs and man, they are an impressive breed (the dogs I've met are close to 80 lbs of muscular stocky dog). I've encountered lots of declared-as-OEBs at the shelter and they have such varied looks and temperament I can't relate them to the OEBs of the club.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby
    Likes (Received)

My friend used to have an old English I don't think there's that much of a noticeable difference il see if I can find a pic of her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads