Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thinking of you & your family today, dear Lisa, and offering sincere prayers
over you & your surgeons for successful hand surgery & quick recovery.

My story is well known by the oldtimers here but for the sake of the newbies
(welcome y'all) I'll tell a bit of it to let y'all know, EBN is more than just another
bulldog site, it is a family full of caring, loving support for animals and people.
Invaluable information that is unselfishly shared and the most nonjudgemental
members I have personally found, no drama!

I adopted a beautiful male bully from a nurse who'ed found him on Craigslist.
She got fed up with his potty accidents, really tho, was just way too busy to
properly train Brutus, as it seems most of his previous owners had been, lucky
me, Brutus was wonderful, we instantly bonded and he happily went home with
me, not one look back. His facial folds were so infected he stank, he had scabby
sores under his fur and thinning hair overall and very bad teeth but so full of love
in spite of a lifetime of neglect from so many owners, he'd spent the majority of
his life in his cage hence the potty accidents. I needed help and went online, found
EBN, read a bit over about 2 weeks and really liked the 'feel' of it so joined up. I
had no way of knowing tragedy was about to blow my world up, two months after
joining EBN my beloved husband, Stuart, died on the ER floor, massive heart attack.
Blessed to have loved and been loved by this wonderful man for 28 years, I was lost
but had to take care of my Mother who was slipping into later stages of Alzheimer's.
WE had recently moved for his job so I knew no one and shockingly, my family wasn't
there for me at all, didn't even show up (vacation came 1st). EBN stepped up and was
there for me, in yet another terrible blow, I lost Brutus in dental cleaning just five mo's
after Stuart died, he'd helped me thru my heavy grief and now, I just had no one. Again
EBN picked me up and never let me go altho my story was breaking their hearts too. I'd
moved back to my home, it had started flooding in heavy rains and all of us were just
sick at heart and beaten down with it all, my family & friends long gone but not EBN.
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION], one of the original members, called me with bullies needing homes but I resisted
until he called about three months after losing Brutus about a retired breeder, Cami. She
had the sweetest eyes and was so beautiful and my heart opened up to her, I said, Yes!
In 2 months (end of March) we have been each other's best friend for TWO years, Cami will
be 7 y/o, I just turned 60 and we are in a new home, just us now...I am starting to heal, so
much tragedy so close together and my nursing duties had delayed this until now.

EBN & I are lifelong companions, the people here having hung in there with me until I cared
about living again and responsible for providing my 2nd bully love, Cami, personal debts I
can never repay only pay forward which I gratefully try my best to do.

GOD bless Lisa & Family, the hardworking Moderators & Volunteers and each member here,
all making up EBN, a blessed place to be! Cami & I send LOVE to each of you <3

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EBN, WITHOUT YOU I WOULD NOT KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MY ELMO BOY, ALL THE ANSWERS AND QUESTIONS HAVE HELPED ME AND ELMO MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW. THANK YOU LISA, WAY TO GO EBN. YEA YEA.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Happy birthday!! I'm so grateful to have found this site! It's been a Godsend, really. You guys are the best!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EBN!!! :confetti:Happy Birthday to the best forum in the world filled with the best members!

I joined EBN in November of 2010, right after we brought home our 12 week old bully baby Frank. I did a lot of research ahead of time so I knew a lot of the issues but it still didn't prepare me. I found EBN, joined, and mostly lurked, reading so many helpful posts and information. Thanks to EBN, I have found the right food for Frank, good vets, proper cleaning and grooming, and everything needed to have a healthy bulldog! The site and members are so wonderful - raising money for rescues, bringing awareness to rescue bulldogs up for adoption, and just incredibly supportive. Last year, when we almost lost Frank, I couldn't believe the outpouring of support and love from everyone. We are so lucky that he pulled through and I truly believe that all the support from EBN and advice helped to save him.

Thank you EBN and thank you Lisa! Happy 5th Birthday EBN!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Happy birthday EBN, i'm so sorry I missed it this year!!! Thank you to all who shared in this thread, I really enjoyed reading your birthday /anniversary wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I found EBN thru facebook in early 2010. I was new to English Bulldogs and very new to idiopathic epilepsy. I also had an extreme case of PITAness on my hands.

These two bundles of extremeness had me pulling my hair out. Since I was on EBN non-stop, I was asked to join the staff. Actually...I hope that wasn't the ONLY reason I was asked to join the staff.

EBN has been a constant source of support for me. Not only with Vegas and Orion, but with my photography and my mom. I look thru this site and I see so much of me here. It's like coming home from a long day at work and opening your front door to everything you hold near and dear to your heart. That's what it's like logging on to EBN. Safety, love, family, warmth! I see my babies and ideas integrated into the site so much.... it's literally my home away from home.

I've had a hard time writing this because there is so much that I'm thankful for. Lisa and EBN has been such a huge support to me, I don't know where to start or how much to say. Things in my life are very very difficult at the moment..... with both Vegas and my mom.

So thank you Lisa. Not only for giving me a purpose here on EBN, but supporting my ideas, using and supporting my photography and for being a friend outside of EBN. Thank you for caring, loving my family and supporting us these last 5 years. Superglue.

happy 5th birthday EBN - YouTube

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Lol Baby O that video was great!! It did look like I got bit by a walker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Baby O! You are an awesome star! I was listening really seriously and then when you started the Happy Birthday song-and I heard cha-cha-cha, I lost it:rofl:! :love:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.