binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
One of my managers friends breeds and trains bull mastiffs. My manager said she had been talking to her friend about Chubbs' behavior. The trainer said to never hand feed. Instead, to put a single kibble in the food bowl, one at a time. Apparently there's a difference but I don't see it, does anyone else? :anyone: :please:
I've been told by numerous people to hand feed, now this? How many dog training schools & theories are there? I must be ridiculously naïve.

So we've finally scheduled our first behavior session. I'm happy. I've heard from endless people that our to-be trainer is 'the best in the area'. I learned something humorous today. My primary physician took his 'crazy' dog to this place and now she behaves much better. This company is 15 minutes away from us. There's another company that's only 2 minutes away. Chubbs and I stopped in at the other place on our way back from the evaluation we had this morning. I got their info for classes/private lessons. Let's just say I'll be keeping my other appointment. However, I was thinking of taking advantage of their free evaluation... just to get a second professionals POV. So should I get the second pov or no? :hmm:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
views and techniques will vary some, but you have to find the one that works for you and Chubbs. I never heard of the 'one kibble' thing... that seems strange to me. .... does not hurt to get a second opinion, especially if it is free, it is good to have a back up plan incase your first choice does not pan out for some reason

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
views and techniques will vary some, but you have to find the one that works for you and Chubbs. I never heard of the 'one kibble' thing... that seems strange to me. .... does not hurt to get a second opinion, especially if it is free, it is good to have a back up plan incase your first choice does not pan out for some reason

I agree… it never hurts to get a second opinion on something.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Thinking about it, if Chubbs has issues while eating out of the bowl-but not with hand feeding, maybe putting a piece of food at a time, in the bowl, shows him that YOU control the bowl, and not him....that could be the thinking on that? Just a thought.

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] thank you [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] good point, thx

Members online

No members online now.