Real Name
    Brandi Salyer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Penny, Angel, and Jackson
    Likes (Received)

Default Least Favorite EB comments in public

After having my little bulldog family out in public, I've came to notice, there are a lot of comments about them that are like nails on a chalkboard! What are some of your least favorite comments you've heard about your babies? Here are mine:
    "WOW, them's high dollar dogs! How much'd you pay for'em?" *insert cost of each dog here* "You're stupid! You could've bought *insert frivolous crap here* for that much!"
    "When are you going to have their tails docked?" *insert my very confused look here*
    "They're so ugly they're cute"
    "You must be loaded! What do you do for a livin'?"
    "Your dog's deaf? *pulls hand away like Penny has a major disease*"
    "GOD! Your dog is fat! *pulls feverishly at Penny's neck rolls*"
    ^I was MAD about this! Not only was said person holding my 16 lb dog by the rib cage with one hand, he was jerking her neck like she couldn't feel it. He heard what all I had to say that night. It wasn't pretty. After all that, he told me about kicking his cattle dogs so hard they pooped themselves. Needless to say, he isn't allowed to touch my dogs, and after I was through, we probably won't speak again!
    I have to say most of my interactions with the public are really positive for my doggies. Even though each time we meet someone new, I never know what sort of questions or comments to expect.

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Least Favorite EB comments in public

I haven't had anyone come outright and ask how much they cost.
    Also, I've only had the "you're so ugly you're cute" comment once, and another time some idiot woman in the car next to ours made a loud comment how ugly Blue was. His head was out the car window. I went nuts but the light changed, and we all drove off.

What I did get recently, just a few days ago actually, is a speech about all the health issues Bulldogs have (because.. uh.. I don't know.. .) Then she proceeded to say how since they can't breed naturally, we shouldn't be intervening. In other words, she was pretty much saying to let them die out. I was surprised considering she has dogs of her own.

But, she's a "neighbor", and I wasn't going to get into a screaming match with her outside, not worth it.
    This was when "kill them with kindness" kicked in and I just smiled and nodded, told her how cute her tiny dogs were, wished her a good day and went on my merry way.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I have never had a negative encounter thank goodness. I usually have people taking pictures of the boys and petting them. It does bother me that some people think Frankie looks scary, but I would rather they ask me before they touch him anyway. Ellie, @nycbullymama, when I just smile and nod is when everyone who knows me knows it's time to take cover because "stuff" is going to go down. Me quiet is never ever a good thing. lol
    My smooshy face boy!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

I've definitely gotten the "he's so ugly he's cute" comment more than once, and the "omg, he's so fat comment". I know this isn't a "bad" comment per say, but the thing that aggravates me the most (which I get ALLLOOOTTT) is "are you going to breed? Sell me a puppy" - or "would you be willing to sell him" - one time, a UPS man stopped and asked me if I was willing to sell him - he said "everything has a price".........excuse me, but WTF.... no, I'm not selling my baby... and if everything has a price, do you have kids? How much do you want for one of your children? Because in my eyes, he may have four legs, but he's my child. I hate hate hate people who use bullies just to breed & make money. Ugh. Vent over.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    I have never had a negative encounter thank goodness. I usually have people taking pictures of the boys and petting them. It does bother me that some people think Frankie looks scary, but I would rather they ask me before they touch him anyway. Ellie, @nycbullymama, when I just smile and nod is when everyone who knows me knows it's time to take cover because "stuff" is going to go down. Me quiet is never ever a good thing. lol
    I don't really have any bad encounters either. Just those few in the two years we've had Blue. I don't think my "neighbor" (she lives in my building) really understood how offensive she was being. She was just speaking her mind, no filter..lol.. I have that problem too .

Rosalie, now I know if you're ever quiet, I need to run the other way..lol..

@TyTysmom

Your UPS guy is a total idiot. But yeah, better to not say anything if you want to continue getting your packagaes..lol..
    Last edited by nycbullymama; 01-29-2015 at 10:43 AM. Reason: spelling!

Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    I don't really have any bad encounters either. Just those few in the two years we've had Blue. I don't think my "neighbor" (she lives in my building) really understood how offensive she was being. She was just speaking her mind, no filter..lol.. I have that problem too .

Rosalie, now I know if you're ever quiet, I need to run the other way..lol..

@TyTysmom

Your UPS guy is a total idiot. But yeah, better to not say anything if you want to continue getting your packagaes..lol..
    lol, I have learned to control myself, mostly
    My smooshy face boy!

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    lol, I have learned to control myself, mostly
    .. true new yorker!

Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    .. true new yorker!
    you know it!!
    My smooshy face boy!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

@nycbullymama - haha. well.... i made the comment about his kids having a price, i have trouble with my words when someone insults me or my family (its the NY in me, haha). so far, all my packages are safe... but probably bc he doesnt know where i live, LOL - we were on a walk and away from the house.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Gee, You all make me wish I lived in the city! None of my dogs get to go out "in public", as there is no public! Sometimes I take Maude to the feed store, but she waits in the car. There are no sidewalks here-and if a car zooms by-they don't even slow down. When I had my horses, we'd have to jump into the ditch if a car was coming. If I go to town, I am afraid to take any dog with me-I am afraid someone would steal out of the car. The majority of people here only steal dogs to sell! This used to be a nice area-now it is over run w drugs. The new slogan for Tn. should be "Tennessee ain't what it used to be!" That's my story n' I'm stickin' to it!!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

11. Likes Jackieshoes liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

This thread is very timely! All of my questions/comments have been positive, except for just an hour ago: Someone outside asked me how much she costs... I hate that!!! I am never prepared for busy-body questions like that. I need to be better prepared.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

Real Name
    Brandi Salyer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Penny, Angel, and Jackson
    Likes (Received)

The paparazzi follow us everywhere we go, too! Lol! We take our babies with us on at least 2 trips a week to Lowe's, Home Depot, Petsmart, too see "dad" at work, and my husband usually takes one with him everyday to work-he's a Diesel Performance mechanic-So the whole Bully Dog thing really fits the shop. We're trying to socialize or babies as much now while they're babies as possible, and they love the attention!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads