Least Favorite EB comments in public

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
My mom said , what do people think that all bulldogs are boys? Lol Interesting bec this driver was checking Pork chop out and he said how old is he? I said its a she. He went on to say he has a female bulldog he wants to breed. I am like sorry can't help you. Even if I had a boy not going to let him hook up with someone on the street.

Oh gosh, I've already gotten a breeding proposition too. This guy said he has a French bulldog and asked if I wanted to breed them. Ummmm....NO. UGH. That's gonna get old really quick!

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Oh gosh, I've already gotten a breeding proposition too. This guy said he has a French bulldog and asked if I wanted to breed them. Ummmm....NO. UGH. That's gonna get old really quick!
SMH ! Exactly, gets old haha

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

People are bizarre, there was someone on here like a year ago that said she had received several offers from Pitt owners to breed her bulldog with. :faint:

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
My biggest pet peeve is irresponsible breeding...especially with bulldogs which tend to have health issues. Sadly a lot of people just see them as a way to make a quick dollar :bitching: She will be spayed soon anyways so that can be my excuse when some idiot asks if I want to breed her.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
My biggest pet peeve is irresponsible breeding...especially with bulldogs which tend to have health issues. Sadly a lot of people just see them as a way to make a quick dollar :bitching: She will be spayed soon anyways so that can be my excuse when some idiot asks if I want to breed her.

Same here. I think if people saw the true horrors of puppy mills and all of the genetic trouble that comes out of backyard breeding... It would not be so popular. But like you said sadly a lot of people are in it for the money. Frank was part of a rescue from a puppy mill and the poor guy was dealt a losing hand in the genetic lotto. I am just glad he ended up with us, people who are willing to care for him the best we can.

OP
CrazyDogMom

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
People ask me all the time, "why did you get a boy and two girls if you don't plan to breed them?!" Or "lord honey, I'd make me some fast cash on some puppies!" I try not to look mad, or annoyed when they say it because I've heard it SO MANY TIMES so I smile and say, "they're my babies, I just don't want to put them thru all that pain."

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
People ask me all the time, "why did you get a boy and two girls if you don't plan to breed them?!" Or "lord honey, I'd make me some fast cash on some puppies!" I try not to look mad, or annoyed when they say it because I've heard it SO MANY TIMES so I smile and say, "they're my babies, I just don't want to put them thru all that pain."
Ugh. People have NO idea what goes into responsible breeding. I used to manage a show kennel of top Golden Retrievers. We had 1-2 litters a year and only when we wanted a new show prospect. Those puppies cost 2,000+ and the owner still lost money or barely broke even. Once you factor in health tests, titles, vet visits, etc it adds up. The general public has no clue :rolleyes:

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
My sweet, beautiful girl was called ugly twice today. :evil:

"You're so cute and ugly at the same time" and, from a different person, something else just as crass. I wanted to say, "Oh yeah? So are you!"

Grrrr...my dog is gorgeous, people!

image.jpg

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
People who ask me anything about Boo pretty much get the same response because it normally is someone who knows of me from a family member. They know to not ever say anything about my girl or my passion for the EBD. Everybody who has known me for all of these years knows I am a very blunt person who says it like it is. You ask me a question and you might not like my answer however I do always do my best to tell people that they should educate themselves on the EBD. I guess the only real issue I have ever had was that when they say something to me like " cute dog but they have a lot of medical issues". Drives me crazy. When I had a litter years ago I use to have family members try to get me to talk to their significant others to allow them to get a puppy at which I said NO! Do your research on this breed and then talk to me and let me see if you really know the breed of your interest. I never have spoke to any family member about them simply because I feel family or not that you can never do enough learning when it comes to this wonderful breed that I so love.

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
I have gotten the "he's so ugly, he's cute," "how much did you pay for him," and "are you going to breed him." Most of the time, people are really nice and complimentary. People yell out of their cars while we're walking, "YOUR DOG IS SO CUUUUUUTE!" Most people ask if they can pet him but Goob has a strong sense of stranger danger and he tries to lunge when people get too close.

The one unusual comment I get is "Is he a full blooded EB?" Goob is kind of scrawny in comparison to other EB. He has pretty long legs and his head/neck isn't as thick as people expect it to be.
View attachment 83447 <He's a couple pounds lighter than this now. My little tooth pick:no:

Stranger Danger! Lol-Dexter hats strong sense of that too

Most Reactions