Least Favorite EB comments in public

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
oooh.. i forgot about the "fat" comment Blue once got.

Some woman in the elevator looked at Blue, and said in a baby voice "You don't look like you've missed many meals" then laughed. He was 58lbs of amuscle. So I said, "neither do you" then of course "kidding kidding". She barely smiled..lol..

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
oooh.. i forgot about the "fat" comment Blue once got.

Some woman in the elevator looked at Blue, and said in a baby voice "You don't look like you've missed many meals" then laughed. He was 58lbs of amuscle. So I said, "neither do you" then of course "kidding kidding". She barely smiled..lol..
Ruthie gets that line constantly. She's only 30 lbs and pure muscle, she's like a little bowling ball.

Thanks for telling that line. I'm putting that in the comeback arsenal.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Either tell them "Nunya'" or she costs "my love for her lifetime".

LOL! Good replies. I might go with that or "I'd rather not say." The thing is, I don't lie very well and, when I'm caught off guard, I fall back on the truth. I told the truth today and I immediately regretted it. I will keep a proper response in my back pocket always.

I will add that I don't think the question ("How much did you pay?") is necessarily bad, but it is nosey. It could actually be a really harmless question, though. Like, "Wow, I'd love one of those dogs. How much do they cost?"

I think because many of us pay a lot for our dogs, we take that as a really personal question. At least, I do! I don't want people to know how much I paid for Bella--yet, I blab it outside this morning. I'm so mad at myself. :bonkhead:

Some woman in the elevator looked at Blue, and said in a baby voice "You don't look like you've missed many meals" then laughed. He was 58lbs of amuscle. So I said, "neither do you" then of course "kidding kidding"

Holy crap! That's amazing. LOL!!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
LOL! Good replies. I might go with that or "I'd rather not say." The thing is, I don't lie very well and, when I'm caught off guard, I fall back on the truth. I told the truth today and I immediately regretted it. I will keep a proper response in my back pocket always.

I will add that I don't think the question ("How much did you pay?") is necessarily bad, but it is nosey. It could actually be a really harmless question, though. Like, "Wow, I'd love one of those dogs. How much do they cost?"

I think because many of us pay a lot for our dogs, we take that as a really personal question. At least, I do! I don't want people to know how much I paid for Bella--yet, I blab it outside this morning. I'm so mad at myself. :bonkhead:

Well forget about come back lines and panicking about telling the truth. next time someone asks you something that makes you uncomfortable just fall back on the ole reliable "It's none of your effing business a$&hole" and walk away. I'm mean it really isn't anyone's business what you pay for your dog or anything else for that matter.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Well forget about come back lines and panicking about telling the truth. next time someone asks you something that makes you uncomfortable just fall back on the ole reliable "It's none of your effing business a$&hole" and walk away. I'm mean it really isn't anyone's business what you pay for your dog or anything else for that matter.

hehe, I love it!!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w

:clap2: Preach! :thumb3:

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
I ran into a man that called Canelo a sumo wrestler at the vet. Most responses are positive, sumo was the worst. I've had to tell Husband what we pay is no ones business, his family is very blunt, but so am I. I don't share that info, I've had family ask me if they can ask how much I spent on Canelo and I say sure but it's none of your business. And I don't tell them. They shut down fast. Most of our family dropped out of Highschool so I impress on the kids how finishing highschool and going to college will benefit them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
After having my little bulldog family out in public, I've came to notice, there are a lot of comments about them that are like nails on a chalkboard! What are some of your least favorite comments you've heard about your babies? Here are mine:
"WOW, them's high dollar dogs! How much'd you pay for'em?" *insert cost of each dog here* "You're stupid! You could've bought *insert frivolous crap here* for that much!"
"When are you going to have their tails docked?" *insert my very confused look here*
"They're so ugly they're cute"
"You must be loaded! What do you do for a livin'?"
"Your dog's deaf? *pulls hand away like Penny has a major disease*"
"GOD! Your dog is fat! *pulls feverishly at Penny's neck rolls*"
^I was MAD about this! Not only was said person holding my 16 lb dog by the rib cage with one hand, he was jerking her neck like she couldn't feel it. He heard what all I had to say that night. It wasn't pretty. After all that, he told me about kicking his cattle dogs so hard they pooped themselves. Needless to say, he isn't allowed to touch my dogs, and after I was through, we probably won't speak again!
I have to say most of my interactions with the public are really positive for my doggies. Even though each time we meet someone new, I never know what sort of questions or comments to expect.

I have gotten the "he's so ugly, he's cute," "how much did you pay for him," and "are you going to breed him." Most of the time, people are really nice and complimentary. People yell out of their cars while we're walking, "YOUR DOG IS SO CUUUUUUTE!" Most people ask if they can pet him but Goob has a strong sense of stranger danger and he tries to lunge when people get too close.

The one unusual comment I get is "Is he a full blooded EB?" Goob is kind of scrawny in comparison to other EB. He has pretty long legs and his head/neck isn't as thick as people expect it to be.
20131229_135823.jpg <He's a couple pounds lighter than this now. My little tooth pick:no:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
This thread cracks me up…
Some people have asked us if the bullies were expensive so I always say… YEAH a MORTGAGE PAYMENT OR TWO… Lol :w00t: Most of the time they are just concerned about Roxie because everybody in this dumba$$ town think she's a pitt, she's a BOXER!!! And she totally LOOKS like a boxer :blink:

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
I took the boys to TCBY Yogert over the weekend. Two couples came over and the first thing was (so cute) then you guessed it. How much do they cost? I thought (do). I thought and said well about $7,000 the first 10 months. Check back in a couple of months because there is more to come. Then we got our Yogert and left.

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
This is a great thread!!!!!!!!
D. All the above. It's sooooooo annoying! The first couple of weeks we had Chubbs, I brought him to work. I was letting him relieve himself when this crazy lady pulled up in her SUV. She jumped outta the car and picked him up. Then proceeded to ask if she could pet him. My mouth dropped but I had to let the #newyorker in me kick in... bite my tongue. She went on and on... it was the death anniversary of her bully. I sympathized but B*TCH, PUT MY DOG DOWN! No, I didn't say it but definitely wanted to, ugh!

I also wasn't ready for the price question. You can bet your a** I'm prepared now. On another occasion when I brought Chubbs to work, a regular saw me and came running over, asking for him. She also picked him up without asking. My face said it all and the person she was with saw it. :stinkeye: She asked how much I paid... I responded with: I'm not telling you. The guy she was with smacked her for asking.

Then there's my aunt and uncle on my mothers' side. Both of them mentioned the health issues, 'just saying'. As if I'm still a child and haven't done my homework. Umm, hello? Do you realize what you've just said to your niece who is X years old and married? Ugh!!!!!! :bang: Later I asked my mom what was up with their comments. She claims it's because they saw their bully, Winston (one of Chubbs' names) drown in a neighbors pool. Side note, apparently Winston wasn't the nicest dog.

People really are extremely rude. I'm happy to share positive news. During the summer, our town was having a beerfest... only local beers. It was a crappy day weather wise, cold and rainy. Everyone and their dog(s) wanted to meet Chubbs and he wanted to meet them but they ALL had the decency to first ask if they could pet Chubbs. Even young kids had proper manners.

So yea, I hate those inappropriate questions/comments.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I have always been a 'one bulldog at a time" owner. Now that I have both Bocephus and The Tank - I was out last weekend with them and some dumb $hit at the store wanted to fight with me about Bocephus being a pure bred English Bulldog. Tanker is a little peanut compared to Bocephus but they're both pure bred. People are idiots.

I've also had the "how much did they cost" - I always just say "I would have paid double" with no amount given. I'd never tell anyone what I paid for my car or my house - my dogs are none of their business either.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.