Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Least Favorite EB comments in public

Bulldog(s) Names
    Canelo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Least Favorite EB comments in public

I ran into a man that called Canelo a sumo wrestler at the vet. Most responses are positive, sumo was the worst. I've had to tell Husband what we pay is no ones business, his family is very blunt, but so am I. I don't share that info, I've had family ask me if they can ask how much I spent on Canelo and I say sure but it's none of your business. And I don't tell them. They shut down fast. Most of our family dropped out of Highschool so I impress on the kids how finishing highschool and going to college will benefit them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDogMom View Post
    After having my little bulldog family out in public, I've came to notice, there are a lot of comments about them that are like nails on a chalkboard! What are some of your least favorite comments you've heard about your babies? Here are mine:
    "WOW, them's high dollar dogs! How much'd you pay for'em?" *insert cost of each dog here* "You're stupid! You could've bought *insert frivolous crap here* for that much!"
    "When are you going to have their tails docked?" *insert my very confused look here*
    "They're so ugly they're cute"
    "You must be loaded! What do you do for a livin'?"
    "Your dog's deaf? *pulls hand away like Penny has a major disease*"
    "GOD! Your dog is fat! *pulls feverishly at Penny's neck rolls*"
    ^I was MAD about this! Not only was said person holding my 16 lb dog by the rib cage with one hand, he was jerking her neck like she couldn't feel it. He heard what all I had to say that night. It wasn't pretty. After all that, he told me about kicking his cattle dogs so hard they pooped themselves. Needless to say, he isn't allowed to touch my dogs, and after I was through, we probably won't speak again!
    I have to say most of my interactions with the public are really positive for my doggies. Even though each time we meet someone new, I never know what sort of questions or comments to expect.
    I have gotten the "he's so ugly, he's cute," "how much did you pay for him," and "are you going to breed him." Most of the time, people are really nice and complimentary. People yell out of their cars while we're walking, "YOUR DOG IS SO CUUUUUUTE!" Most people ask if they can pet him but Goob has a strong sense of stranger danger and he tries to lunge when people get too close.

The one unusual comment I get is "Is he a full blooded EB?" Goob is kind of scrawny in comparison to other EB. He has pretty long legs and his head/neck isn't as thick as people expect it to be.
    -20131229_135823-jpg <He's a couple pounds lighter than this now. My little tooth pick

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

This thread cracks me up…
    Some people have asked us if the bullies were expensive so I always say… YEAH a MORTGAGE PAYMENT OR TWO… Lol Most of the time they are just concerned about Roxie because everybody in this dumba$$ town think she's a pitt, she's a BOXER!!! And she totally LOOKS like a boxer

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)

I took the boys to TCBY Yogert over the weekend. Two couples came over and the first thing was (so cute) then you guessed it. How much do they cost? I thought (do). I thought and said well about $7,000 the first 10 months. Check back in a couple of months because there is more to come. Then we got our Yogert and left.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

This is a great thread!!!!!!!!
    D. All the above. It's sooooooo annoying! The first couple of weeks we had Chubbs, I brought him to work. I was letting him relieve himself when this crazy lady pulled up in her SUV. She jumped outta the car and picked him up. Then proceeded to ask if she could pet him. My mouth dropped but I had to let the #newyorker in me kick in... bite my tongue. She went on and on... it was the death anniversary of her bully. I sympathized but B*TCH, PUT MY DOG DOWN! No, I didn't say it but definitely wanted to, ugh!

I also wasn't ready for the price question. You can bet your a** I'm prepared now. On another occasion when I brought Chubbs to work, a regular saw me and came running over, asking for him. She also picked him up without asking. My face said it all and the person she was with saw it. She asked how much I paid... I responded with: I'm not telling you. The guy she was with smacked her for asking.

Then there's my aunt and uncle on my mothers' side. Both of them mentioned the health issues, 'just saying'. As if I'm still a child and haven't done my homework. Umm, hello? Do you realize what you've just said to your niece who is X years old and married? Ugh!!!!!! Later I asked my mom what was up with their comments. She claims it's because they saw their bully, Winston (one of Chubbs' names) drown in a neighbors pool. Side note, apparently Winston wasn't the nicest dog.

People really are extremely rude. I'm happy to share positive news. During the summer, our town was having a beerfest... only local beers. It was a crappy day weather wise, cold and rainy. Everyone and their dog(s) wanted to meet Chubbs and he wanted to meet them but they ALL had the decency to first ask if they could pet Chubbs. Even young kids had proper manners.

So yea, I hate those inappropriate questions/comments.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kori
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

I have always been a 'one bulldog at a time" owner. Now that I have both Bocephus and The Tank - I was out last weekend with them and some dumb $hit at the store wanted to fight with me about Bocephus being a pure bred English Bulldog. Tanker is a little peanut compared to Bocephus but they're both pure bred. People are idiots.

I've also had the "how much did they cost" - I always just say "I would have paid double" with no amount given. I'd never tell anyone what I paid for my car or my house - my dogs are none of their business either.
    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

James Hond, My Sunshine

Real Name
    Matt
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boris Bullski
    Likes (Received)

It's a mixed bag in Minneapolis. Below are a few things I hear a regular basis

"What a homely looking dog"
    "OMG CAN I PET HIM HE'S SO CUTE"
    "Bet you paid big bucks for him"

The worst I've received

"Oh look a man made abomination that will cost you fortunes in vet bills" Then she tries to pet him?????? - I had quite a few words for this lady and i doubt she'll interact with us again

I've also been called a monster for not adopting from the local animal shelter *shrugs*

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
    Likes (Received)

My peeve is when we have Tank out in his wagon and he gets called "lazy" or "spoiled". I swear I am going to make him his own handicapped plate for the wagon. My response to "that's cheating"on our walks is "actually, this is harder. you pull half your weight for two miles" !

He cannot go more than half a block due to bad knees and a irreparable shoulder. They ask if he got in there on his own and I just shake my head.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Enjoimangos View Post

I've also been called a monster for not adopting from the local animal shelter *shrugs*
    I've also gotten this comment. People need to mind their business.

Real Name
    Brandi Salyer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Penny, Angel, and Jackson
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Enjoimangos View Post
    It's a mixed bag in Minneapolis. Below are a few things I hear a regular basis

"What a homely looking dog"
    "OMG CAN I PET HIM HE'S SO CUTE"
    "Bet you paid big bucks for him"

The worst I've received

"Oh look a man made abomination that will cost you fortunes in vet bills" Then she tries to pet him?????? - I had quite a few words for this lady and i doubt she'll interact with us again

When the ASPCA commercials come on TV with their sad eyed puppies I always have a small tinge of guilt. Then I remind myself no breed is exempt from ending up a shelter.
    "Man made abomination"?! Whaaa?! I'm not sure what words would've came out of my mouth if someone said that about my babies!

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    oooh.. i forgot about the "fat" comment Blue once got.

Some woman in the elevator looked at Blue, and said in a baby voice "You don't look like you've missed many meals" then laughed. He was 58lbs of amuscle. So I said, "neither do you" then of course "kidding kidding". She barely smiled..lol..
    thanks. I think I can use this comeback comment next time. Excellent.
    Hug your bully today

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

The only negative comment I've gotten is that Mabel is "so ugly, she's beautiful." I find it offensive--would never say that to anyone about their child. I do what most adopters of these dogs do when asked about "How much?" and tell them she is a rescue. I've noticed when I take her to Petsmart or Petco that people will follow us around. Some get right down on the floor with her. Bulldogs are like magnets for kids.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads