Differences Female and Male English Bulldogs

Diego1011

Jun 26, 2014
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Diego
Diego and Lulu are like night and day. Lulu is 4 1/2 months and has always been extremely active and alert/nosey. Diego is 10 months and is very laid back since we got him. Does anyone else see a big difference in their male and female bullies?

♡☆ Diego and Lulu ☆♡

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yep, my male and female Bulldozer and Blossom are exactly like your guys. Bulldozer is "laid" back, or lazy lol. That's why his nick name is Dozey. He likes to sleep all day if he can, and he absolutely hates to walk. He does play with his sister, but maybe for 20 mins. and then he will sleep. We have to bribe him with a great to get him to do things. Lol, and he is a big snuggle bug, he's happiest laying beside you and cuddling. Blossom on the other hand has 2 speeds crazy and crazier. She loves to play all day, we have to stop her sometimes because she will get out of breath, and she loves to go on long walks, she would walk for hours if we let her. She will eventually settle down and lay with you, but when she's ready. She loves to snuggle in the evening, and will sleep beside you when she's tired. They are siblings and litter mates, but have very different personalities.

OP
Diego1011

Diego1011

Jun 26, 2014
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Diego
Lol, your Blossom sounds alot like Lulu the explorer.
We have to bribe Diego to take him for a walk he will not leave the front of the house. Lulu is a different story.

♡☆ Diego and Lulu ☆♡

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have had both, and IMO the female was WAY more OCD than our males, the boys tend to be more laid back… Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My two were exactly like your two.... male = Nitschke was laid back and calm... Banks = female, energy, wild child into everything

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
We have two completely different personalities too. Ruthie is a precious angel and Brutus is hell on wheels. they are total opposites.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Well, does anyone want to trade their laid back male bully for my crazy, up all the time, jumping over baby gates and zooming around the house, girl? I didn't think so! :anyone::yell:

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Well, does anyone want to trade their laid back male bully for my crazy, up all the time, jumping over baby gates and zooming around the house, girl? I didn't think so! :anyone::yell:

LOL!!! The other day, Bella had the puppy zoomies inside her playpen. I thought she was going to bust through the plastic! Those crazy bully girls! I thought of you guys and I wanted so bad to grab my iPad and record, but it was out of reach.

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
I can only speak to Canelo, my male. He's so laid back we call him Zin dog. I haven't been around a female other than his mother and she was pretty reserved too. I do credit Canelo with bringing my mood or stress level down though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Diego1011

Diego1011

Jun 26, 2014
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Diego
Lulu on the patio table, and Diego trying to keep up with her. [emoji87]

♡☆ Diego and Lulu ☆♡

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422564765053.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422564765053.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 123
OP
Diego1011

Diego1011

Jun 26, 2014
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Diego
No thanks! Lol

♡☆ Diego and Lulu ☆♡

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
I have two girls and a boy. One girl is laid back and would cuddle ALL DAY, the other is a cat! She's always climbing on stuff, crazy scratching things, and running around everywhere like a wild child! My boy, who is the litter mate to my wild child, would cuddle, give kisses, hugs, and sleep 24/7!

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
LOL!!! The other day, Bella had the puppy zoomies inside her playpen. I thought she was going to bust through the plastic! Those crazy bully girls! I thought of you guys and I wanted so bad to grab my iPad and record, but it was out of reach.

I actually did record Winnie doing the zoomies once. It was really hard to do because she was moving so fast. When I tried to post it here it didn't work for some reason. Maybe I did it wrong. I have wondered about Bella's playpen. I'd be afraid Winnie would tear one up! Winnie has a new fav thing--it's a ball. She takes it everywhere we go nagging me to throw it. I must've thrown it 30 times in the yard this morning for her to fetch. She fetches great and brings it back, then expects you to wrestle her for it. Anyway, we came in and she laid down on the couch and fell asleep. I went into another room to pay some bills about ten minutes later...and immediately heard her get up and start crying for me. I went in and she was standing there barking with the ball in her mouth. I can't rest or get anything done here! But I do love her!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.