Dark runny stools

Diego1011

Jun 26, 2014
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Diego
Diego had diarrhea since yesterday and it looks very dark almost black mostly, but reddish/brownish at times. How can I tell if it's bloody stool??? I'm afraid he may have eaten something and it's cutting him inside. Lulu has no symptoms. I been giving Diego plain white rice to see if it helps with the runs. He's eating and drinking but it's not stopping. [emoji22]

♡☆ Diego and Lulu ☆♡

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, it sounds like it could be blood because you mentioned the colour was mostly black and reddish brown. I would wait until his next poop, and place the sample in a baggy and take it to your vet to be tested. Your vet will be able to test it to see if there is any blood in the stool. I wouldn't wait for this because if he is bleeding internally this could potentially be a medical emergency. I hope it's nothing serious, and just that he has a irritation in the bowel, but I would have it checked out to make sure. Please keep us posted.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I would take your Precious Diego to the Vet now. I Pray for Diego that everything is ok. Love and Prayers to Diego.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/everyone… you should contact your vet and let them know what is going on. It could be an obstruction, hemorrhoid, or a host of things. Not something that you would want to wait on… keep us posted!!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would definitely call your vet and let them know what's going on. It doesn't sound right.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Diego had diarrhea since yesterday and it looks very dark almost black mostly, but reddish/brownish at times. How can I tell if it's bloody stool??? I'm afraid he may have eaten something and it's cutting him inside. Lulu has no symptoms. I been giving Diego plain white rice to see if it helps with the runs. He's eating and drinking but it's not stopping. [emoji22]

♡☆ Diego and Lulu ☆♡

How is you boy... did you get into the vet today?

OP
Diego1011

Diego1011

Jun 26, 2014
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Diego
He's doing better. Looking more energetic, still giving him plain white rice and the diarrhea is brown now. Sorry if this is TMI.

♡☆ Diego and Lulu ☆♡

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He's doing better. Looking more energetic, still giving him plain white rice and the diarrhea is brown now. Sorry if this is TMI.

♡☆ Diego and Lulu ☆♡

No sorrys needed, thanks for the update, you might want to add some boiled hamburger to the rice for protein. I hope he gets over this quickly.

OP
Diego1011

Diego1011

Jun 26, 2014
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Diego
Thanks for the advice. Will do.

♡☆ Diego and Lulu ☆♡

OP
Diego1011

Diego1011

Jun 26, 2014
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Diego
Thank you all for the advice. I didn't see all the post till just now. I'm calling the vet.

♡☆ Diego and Lulu ☆♡

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

♡☆ Diego and Lulu ☆♡

good to hear.... as [MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION] stated, add some meat to the rice... plain ground beef or turkey

Most Reactions