This too shall pass (I hope)

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
In the eight or so years that I have had my bullies I have never had one eat a toy. That was up until today. Either Miss Lulu or Ty (our Bichon)seems to have removed the top nub of a Kong Wubba Snugga. :w00t: The top Kong tells me wAs a tiny tennis ball. They both seem fine. I called Kong ,our vet who said watch for certain signs (which I already knew ) which could indicate blockage and chatted hubby at work and now I'm just gonna freak out til she poops. Or Ty does. ...

Breathe and positive thoughts

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
In the eight or so years that I have had my bullies I have never had one eat a toy. That was up until today. Either Miss Lulu or Ty (or Bichon)seems to have removed the top nub of a Kong Wubba Snugga. :w00t: The top Kong tells me wAs a tiny tennis ball. They both seem fine. I called Kong ,our vet who said watch for certain signs (which I already knew ) which could indicate blockage and chatted hubby at work and now I'm just gonna freak out til she poops. Or Ty does. ...

Breathe and positive thoughts

Yes, just breathe & relax... sending prayers your way as I know the feeling - the great thing is that you are educated and know exactly what to look for. Make sure that piece isn't anywhere in the house... maybe it rolled around? I would give it a while... Tyson had eaten 3 socks! 3!! We didn't know... but we do know it had to have occurred on Black Friday - so right after Thanksgiving.... he didn't vomit the first one until the day after Christmas, a whole month! He did start to show signs prior (vomiting, etc) but since we didn't know he ate something it took us longer to discover. You obviously know you have awesome support here! I'm staying positive and hoping it comes up on its own, or out on its own. Keep us posted.

PS. Tyson had never eaten a thing either...until now (he's 8 yrs old)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH!! could the ball be under a chair, sofa, TV....

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Oh no! And what really sucks is that you don't know who ate it! When my kids were teenagers, one or all 3 of my dogs ate a tube of Retin-A. Of course I had to take all three of them to the vet for some kind of a charcoal wash to treat it. I hope it poops out okay!!

OP
Chanticocat

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
Not under couch. Not under rocking chair. Not under tv cabinet. Not in hall or kitchen dinning areas.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm betting on the bully, he's more likely to have eaten a tennis ball as opposed to the Bichon. Did you find any pieces of the toy anywhere? You already know the signs to look for, so I would keep an eye on him. I have a dog just like Jessica's Tyson, my Dozer has swallowed 4 sweat socks, a dish cloth, numerous paper towels, and Nerf Bullets. He's been able to either throw them up or poop them out with no troubles, and like Tyson, he had a sock in his stomach for 29 days, before he threw it up. He acted, played, ate and drank normal the whole time. These guys have cast iron stomachs, and I swear they are bully goats or trash compactors. I would continue to watch his poops and see if he passes it, the good thing is it's a smooth object and not anything sharp that can cut him on the inside. Please keep us posted.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not under couch. Not under rocking chair. Not under tv cabinet. Not in hall or kitchen dinning areas.

UGH... keep us posted and I hope it comes out soon!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh boy I hope it comes out soon. It can take a while though so keep looking! :walk:

OP
Chanticocat

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
Not a hundred percent on this, but it looks like Ty ate the tennis ball. Fuzzy poop!

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
One of my past bullies swallowed part of a plastic toy that was about 2 inches long and an inch wide, it was a cylinder shape. We didn't know it till she threw it up weeks later. It was hard as a rock from sitting in her tummy for so long.

Members online

No members online now.