Hates week days

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
My girl never wants to get up in week, this morning she looked at me and put her head back down and went back to sleep
427c0b2bde015cf6f07df35f48370a53.jpg
yet on a weekend she springs out of bed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
I always wonder that myself, I am glad Bazza is not the only one, I have to do everything to get him up during the week, then on the weekend he is bounding around earlier, drives me nuts ! :stinkeye:

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
I always wonder that myself, I am glad Bazza is not the only one, I have to do everything to get him up during the week, then on the weekend he is bounding around earlier, drives me nuts ! :stinkeye:

Haha she's the same some mornings I can be trying to get her up for at least ten minutes she hates weekdays yet come weekend when I don't have to get up she's wide awake at the crack of dawn wanting to get up...they really are like kids

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Unfortunately we get up at 530am during the week, and even if we stay up late on the weekend the dogs still think we get up at 530am!!! :sneaky2:

Christina Stevens

Nov 11, 2014
Oh I wish my boy would do that. Nope my alarm is set for 6am. At about 515 he wakes up. I take him out of the crate and downstairs and he is whining the whole time and barking. (he doesn't go up and down stairs yet so I have to carry him). I put him outside and he barks and barks and barks because he wants feed. I refuse to feed him until at least 6. I do lay on the couch until 6 and he here's the alarm and the barking begins all over again. He does the same-thing on the weekends. I just wish once I could sleep in til at least 6. Oh that would be heaven.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She looks so peaceful in that pic :heart:

I think it's pretty funny how these babies know what day of the week it is..they're much smarter then we ever give them credit for.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
[MENTION=13186]Christina Stevens[/MENTION] - we have been really lucky her in that respect she's always slept till around 7:30 - 8am she's done this since the day we brought her home at 8 week old which I was glad about cause we like are sleep in this house hehe - I'm sure your boy will sleep later the older he gets

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
She looks so peaceful in that pic :heart:

I think it's pretty funny how these babies know what day of the week it is..they're much smarter then we ever give them credit for.

She does doesn't she - I agree with you they are much smarter then we give them credit for.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
so totally agree with her.... what a beauty, too FRECKLES!!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
I used to think Lola would sleep till noon if we didn't wake her up, but now that we've moved and our bedroom is on the second floor she will make her way down the stairs if my husband and I are both down there. So cute.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Oh I wish my boy would do that. Nope my alarm is set for 6am. At about 515 he wakes up. I take him out of the crate and downstairs and he is whining the whole time and barking. (he doesn't go up and down stairs yet so I have to carry him). I put him outside and he barks and barks and barks because he wants feed. I refuse to feed him until at least 6. I do lay on the couch until 6 and he here's the alarm and the barking begins all over again. He does the same-thing on the weekends. I just wish once I could sleep in til at least 6. Oh that would be heaven.

I remember these days. He'll grow out of it. If he's too young to go down the steps on his own maybe you should consider feeding him right when he wakes up, after a potty break. That's what I used to do with Ruckus and then he'd go back to sleep. When they're babies they get so hungry and cranky, like human babies. You can ease his feedings later once he's a little older.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online