Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
I started a thread last night that said Jozi was peeing
atthe front door. This afternoon we tool a little nap
together. When we woke up I said "lets go outside". Went
to get my shoes on. They were right there,not like I was out
of sight. I was literally standing at the end of the bed.
When I turned back around she was peeing on my bed.

I absolutely almost lost it. I had to control myself so that
I didn't do anything bad. It is so frustrating. I guess she is
going to have to be in her crate most of the time again.
I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Could be that she's in a new place? I was always swapping out Belly's bed in her crate because she would pee in it...I thought they weren't supposed to do that? Guess she didn't get that memo.... I'm not going to be any help since Belly probably won't get house broke till Spring...

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Girls will be girls...someone on here the other day said girls are soooo much harder to potty train and I agree. Both Abby and Bella took a very long time to hold it. I can't tell you how many times I changed the sheets. I don't know what to actually do, I hadn't found this site yet, so I had to just grin and bear it.:whew: They are mostly fine now. Bella will still have a little accident, but rarely.
Now I had a male pup for just a couple days and he had 1, yes ONE accident in the two days and he was just weeks old. I don't think his mom [MENTION=1443]Emmitt E[/MENTION] had a hard time at all.

Last edited:
L

Lucy-licious

Maybe its because ur somewhere new and it doesnt smell like home yet?
Changes always unsettle Lucy for a few days and peeing everywhere is her way of showin me.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Confusion often takes your bully two steps backwards. I am fairly certain she is just confused, but sometimes as they get older they will try to pee in the house again, just to see what happens if they do. I remember I had Yuna & Tidus completely trained by 3 months, and then at 6-7 months old they BOTH started doing it again! I was shocked.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Daddy peed on my daughters bed the first time she lifted him up there. He is very very slowly getting better at not peeing and pooping upstairs. Our fear is that it happened so many times in our bedroom that the carpet in our bedroom must just stink of dogs pee to their sensitive noses. Because he just doesn't seeem to want to stop doing it. So ... he is still currently banned from our room!!

OP
bfletch13

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Yeah Jozi went a few times I my daughters room upstairs
So she is banned from up there. I'm just going to put her
crate for awhile. Hopefully that will end this nonsense. It's
very frustrating.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Just had a thought. Human babies tend to have more accidents (ie bed wetting) during growth spurts. They eat and drink more and their little bodies haven't caught up as far as bladder growth. Maybe it is something like that.

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Females are harder to potty train then males.... I have one of each...Echo has always held it during the night...Not Mello.... They both go out side by their selves during the day. At 8 months of age Mello still wets in her crate, [MENTION=1652]Angelgirl[/MENTION] I guess Mello didn't get that message either. Mello also being a female MARKS every thing!!! I am always washing. My Cadi never did that. Also Mello is a true "BULL" DOG, You can talk to her and spank, yes spank her bottom and she does just as she was doing, never minding what you think she should or should not be doing!!! Good Luck on the potty training of Jozi she will get it.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
It must be the different plumbing that causes girl Bulldogs to be more difficult to potty train. My introduction to the breed was in 1958; I was 16 and took care of a female Bully. I'd take her outside for 1/2 hr and walk her around, nothing...we'd go back in the house and she'd pee. She was over a year old. Good luck!

OP
bfletch13

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Its just wierd to me. I guess cause this is my
first female. She doesn't pee her crate she
just pee's everywhere else. Its like she just
won't understand that its suppose to go outside.
The only place she understands not to pee is her
crate. Everything else is fair game. But she won't
poo inside. IDK its back to the crate most of the time
I guess.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Try to be patient, she IS still just a baby! For her age, she's done really well. I think it's probably just confusion from being away from home.

OP
bfletch13

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
[MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION] I'm being patient. But boy the going on my
bed really ground my gears. It was the closest I've came
to absolutely smacking her for something.

She slept in her crate again last night and did fine. She
has no problem holding it. We went to sleep somewhere
around 1:30am, I had just taken her out right before then.
My alarm went off at 8:30 this AM and she was still asleep.
Its not the holding it, its the doing it where she isn't suppose
to. I know it will take time. But the set backs are so frustrating
sometimes.

Saint Roch please pray for her, and me too. :pray:

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
[MENTION=1621]bfletch13[/MENTION] it is very frusturating, I know. Not sure what to tell you other than you probably know best how to handle it. I think they are just going to have accidents. Last night we got home from the Senior Bowl and well I was a little tired and well, tired so I told my son to let Brodie in when he seemed ready to go to bed. Well he did, but I heard a noise and looked over and Brodie was peeing in Lola's bed. It is frusturating. Hang in there!

Jerry

Oct 13, 2010
Fort Worth
Bulldog(s) Names
Brody
One thing that we have learned in the last four years with Brody, is that bulldogs (a good majority) are bed wetters. It stinks, but it is what it is. Brody had it bad at first, but seems to have grown out of it

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online