Murphy was naughty today...

karlajgee

Jun 13, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy
I fell asleep on the couch this morning after taking him out and at some point I took off my weddings rings and set them on the ottoman. When I went to get them later, guess what? They were gone! My husband said he remembered hearing Murphy chewing on something but then stopped so he didn't realize what was happening. Anyways, after waiting all day and inspecting his poop everytime he went out, he finally passed them. I'm glad Murphy is fine and its and extra bonus my rings were completely fine. Definitely have to be more careful! Do any of your bullies like eating stuff/have eaten stuff they aren't supposed to?!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh geeze… I think we have discovered on EBN that bullies will eat everything that isn't nailed down!!! Thank goodness he passed your rings, I'm not sure but that may be a first on here [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] ?!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Stuff that should not be eaten, they seem to find their way to... like a magnet! Banks ate a 2 inch stone that had to be surgically removed.

I think you are a first with rings.

having worked at a dog daycare for 4+ years, I can tell you there is a lot you'd be surprised that they eat and the pawents have no idea :facepalm:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Lucky you! Yes I believe these are the first rings I've heard of.

Too bad I'm imagining digging through poop and then making sure they are extra sanitized! :rofl: sorry I needed a good laugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Oh my gosh!! Thank goodness they came through okay! Winnie's reason for living seems to be eating anything she's not supposed to have. I feel like I spend half my time pulling things out of her mouth. She is so funny--when she has something in her mouth she isn't supposed to have and sees me coming, she puts her head down and runs like the devil, preferably to get under the nearest table or chair. I always win!

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Maybe Goob is a "rare" breed of bulldog. I can leave anything around the house and he wont touch it. I leave my makeup bag on the floor, glasses, contact case, books, pens, anything! He has a favorite chew toy and sometimes he bites chunks out of it but when he does, he spits the pieces out!!! I'm thankful but I guess this isn't very common!

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
I'm glad Murphy is OK, but I must admit I started giggling because American Pie, the wedding movie popped up in my head when the dog ate the bride's wedding ring. Canelo is my first dog that inhales everything. Husband says he'd eat us if he could. Drop it was one of the first things he learned but he still battle at times, he even acts like he dropped it, but will turn his head like I can't see him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
LOL that is funny, I am sure it is good luck to have your rings go through a bulldog:lmaoboy: Ok laughing over now my Bullie also will eat anything, he also has had a dinosaurs head removed surgically, we have to be super careful what we leave around, my kids are hopeless though so makes it tough.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
LOL that is funny, I am sure it is good luck to have your rings go through a bulldog:lmaoboy: Ok laughing over now my Bullie also will eat anything, he also has had a dinosaurs head removed surgically, we have to be super careful what we leave around, my kids are hopeless though so makes it tough.

Soooooooooooooooooo......................THAT'S how the dinosaurs became extinct, mystery solved.:detective2::ROFL: (i might add that I am glad Bazza was o.k.)

@karlajgee Happy that you got your rings back---the EASY(though messy) :poo::walk::mansfriend: way!!!!!

Last edited:

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
I was just having a fit yesterday because I couldn't find my rings OR my glasses to take my babies to the vet. Turns out they disassembled my poor glasses, and I was able to put them back together after I found all the parts, and my husband had moved my rings when he got up for work ::SHEW::

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Soooooooooooooooooo......................THAT'S how the dinosaurs became extinct, mystery solved.:detective2::ROFL: (i might add that I am glad Bazza was o.k.)

@karlajgee Happy that you got your rings back---the EASY(though messy) :poo::walk::mansfriend: way!!!!!

Haha wasn't funny at the time though he was one sick dog :pouting:, he has been lucky as he as eaten several toy crocodile heads, toy lobster claws, sharks heads, lots of spiderman figures legs, these are all plastic !! my kids just leave stuff around, but kids and Bazza are getting better at it.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Ruckus ate 4 buttons off my tufted couch when he was little. I think it was out of spite because I was out of town and left him with daddy for the weekend. We no longer have that couch....

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thank goodness he passed them!!!! Best to just not leave anything on floor or at their reach just to be safe! Oh Murphy, at least he eats nice things (diamonds are way better than socks) Haha. I can't believe I'm laughing about it now, bc I was crying when it happened!

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
I work in small dog daycare now, but I used to work for a pooper scooper service. Dogs eat everything and anything. I picked up poo with expensive bra sections hooks and labels included, poo with crayon pieces, poo with caution tape segments, poo with some poor kids math homework embedded...

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
We were at the vet a few weeks ago where they induced vomiting with Lola to bring up a rubber ball with a squeaker in it. She had chewed it out of the middle of a Kong. I didn't even know it had been there. She has also thrown up part of my shoe, and pooped out several squeakers, string, plastic tubing, cigarette filters ect... It's a constant battle with her. We are currently working on leave it and drop it. Glad you got your rings back.

Members online

No members online now.