Would my bully hear an intruder?

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Chumley would sleep through my house getting ransacked..Hershey barks at the slightest bump in the night. I think I'd rather risk the intruder and get a good nights sleep lol.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thankfully, Bella does not bark at strange sounds, doorbells, people passing by, etc. For me, that gets old really fast. She is, however, almost uncontrollable when we're outside and she sees people or other dogs. I think she'd be so excited to see an intruder in the house. LOL

I'm hoping my baby looks intimidating when she's fully grown. It's just her and me in this house.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus will bark and then he actually runs to get his puppy brudder Frankie who is much more aggressive who will then bark and scratch his feet like a bull all the while Brutus is hiding behind Frankie. So in answer, Brutus would keel over from a heart attack after alerting Frankie, and Frankie would more than likely attack an intruder.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Harvey sounds the alarm, barking continiously upon hearing an unfamiliar noise. Upon seeing the intruder, he will probably wait for him to be petted.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Brutus & Ruthie are extremely protective of me. When my husband comes in late or they hear something and there is something unexpected, brutus lets loose the most vicious, snarling bark. Ruthie will run straight towards whatever it is, she's little but she's mighty, while brutus positions himself in front of me. I totally trust that these two have my back and will protect me at all costs!

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
bella only wakes up and growls and barks when it thunders. lol so someone would get us....

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Possibly but they wouldn't move. Just give them the old stink eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
amdeemer

amdeemer

May 16, 2014
Pennsylvania, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Archie
Thanks for all of the replies! I enjoyed reading your stories. :) I was thinking back to my Dane, Finnegan. He was a barker, but loved people so I was sure that he wouldn't protect us in the end, but when a friend was coming to our house to care for him while we were away, she brought her father in law with her and Finn wouldn't let him in the door because he didn't know him. I guess you never know what they'll do in situations like that unless you're actually in them. Who knows, Archie could surprise me! What I was hoping the other night was that since he seemed unphased, that must've meant that I imagined the sound I heard. ;)

Members online

No members online now.