Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Hey everyone,

It has been a while since I have posted anything. Hope everyone is doing well.

I have been giving Goob Nuvet and Nujoint DS for the past few months. For his weight, he gets 3 tablets of Nujoint everyday.

At first, I gave him all three tablets after his breakfast. He loves them! But I recently started to give him one with breakfast, one midday, and one with dinner to space it out.

For those of you who give their dogs supplements, is it better to give them the full dose at once so they get the full effect or is it better to space the dose out so it's always in their system?

20141024_202250.jpg

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Does Goob eat 2 or 3 times a day? If twice a day, you can give him 2 tabs with breakfast and then 1 tab with dinner. The food will help him absorb the vitamins better. Giving all 3 tabs in one sitting is okay too but spacing them out will cause a more "steady state" in his system.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas eats twice a day, he gets 1 in the morning after breakfast and 1 after dinner.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've done both and Buster loves them anyway he can get them lol. I don't think it really makes a difference as long as they get the three every day.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I give Roxie all 3 of hers w/her breakfast… I don't think it matters [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] ?!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
There may be a better chance of the vitamins being absorbed more thoroughly when given in several doses vs. in 1 dose. But the difference may not be very significant. The important part is to give it either with a meal or after a meal.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I agree with above, but I will ask our rep as well :up:

OP
Goob14

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Great!:-D I knew I could count on all of you. He eats twice a day. I think I will continue to space them out for now but make sure that they are always with meals (one with breakfast 2 with dinner or vice versa). That makes sense because when I take vitamins on an empty stomach, I feel nauseous. Thanks everyone!!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.