Chubbs has claimed another thing

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
At least I believe he has. I think he's claimed hubby. So is it possible for a dog to claim a person as theirs? :gloom:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgOh sure it is, my female Blossom loves the men in our house, especially my son, and Bulldozer loves to cuddle with me more. They are both loving dogs and love to snuggle, but Blossom seems to favour men, even my Grandson.

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh nothing happens, I can sit between them, or beside them, but Blossom will always lay on top of my son, but if he leaves the room, she jumps up beside me. Lol. If she's lying beside me and he comes back, she'll want to jump down and go on the other couch with him. I try and hold her beside me, but she keeps trying to jump down and eventually she will. Then I call her traitor. Lol. When I'm home alone they both will lay with me. They aren't aggressive at all or jealous at all towards anyone. They love all dogs, cats, people and especially children.

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Oh nothing happens, I can sit between them, or beside them, but Blossom will always lay on top of my son, but if he leaves the room, she jumps up beside me. Lol. If she's lying beside me and he comes back, she'll want to jump down and go on the other couch with him. I try and hold her beside me, but she keeps trying to jump down and eventually she will. Then I call her traitor. Lol. When I'm home alone they both will lay with me. They aren't aggressive at all or jealous at all towards anyone. They love all dogs, cats, people and especially children.

That sounds so nice! That's what we want. :moping:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My two guys are siblings and litter mates, so have been together from birth, and both came home with us on the same day. We made sure to socialize them as soon as we were able, after they had their first 2 shots. We started with familiar dogs in our neighbourhood, and we have 6 kids that are 7 and under in my family, they are all cousins. I made sure they would ot nip the kids by placing the heel of my hand in their mouth, giving them toys and taking them away, I would take away yheir food bowl while they were eating, I touched their paws, their ears, and let the kids pet them so they would be used to being around kids. I taught my grandson to be be gentle and loving with them and explained that they had feelings too, and when he gave them treats, I showed him how to keep his hand out flat, so the dogs couldn't accidentally nip his fingers when taking the treat. I still use common sense with the little ones, and don't leave them alone with the dogs, they still are supervised until they are a little older. My guys are really gentle with the kids, and they love each other.

My Grandson loves all my pets, and he's very loving to them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 151
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 153

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
At least I believe he has. I think he's claimed hubby. So is it possible for a dog to claim a person as theirs? :gloom:

unfortunately, yes -- anything they see as a 'resource' can be claimed. Toys, food, person, furniture, leash, piece of clothing, etc

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Frankie loves me the best but gives equal love and attention to all. Brutus is my baby. He will cuddle with the rest of the family but if one of the kids tries to hug me or sit with me, he would create such a fuss and push them away from me. At first it was cute and endearing, but I realized quickly that he was resource guarding me and if I let it continue he would get much worse. Any time he showed ownership of me, I would immediately remove him. Whether it be from the couch, bed, room, whatever. Brutus had to know that I was in charge of who could be near me, not him. The problem with a dog owning an individual is that it will become a problem outside of the house also. If you are out walking or having a play date, the dog will feel obligated to protect you and can lead to a fight. Chubbs has to understand that everything he has is a priviledge including his humans, and if he does not act like a good boy, he will be corrected. IE: no couch, no bed, etc. If Chubbs is being an good boy and is just enjoying one human a little more than another and not showing any aggression, that is normal behavior.

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Thanks all! Hubby is finally starting to get it. Told him no more cuddling on the furniture until we resolve this. That we have to be a unit or we re-home Chubbs (don't wanna but I will.) I already have health issues that mentally & physically drain me. I don't need another factor to make it worse. I've been rambling, my apologies!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.