Thread: Chubbs has claimed another thing

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Default Chubbs has claimed another thing

At least I believe he has. I think he's claimed hubby. So is it possible for a dog to claim a person as theirs?

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Chubbs has claimed another thing

-image-jpg-image-jpg-image-jpgOh sure it is, my female Blossom loves the men in our house, especially my son, and Bulldozer loves to cuddle with me more. They are both loving dogs and love to snuggle, but Blossom seems to favour men, even my Grandson.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    -image-jpg-image-jpg-image-jpgOh sure it is, my female Blossom loves the men in our house, especially my son, and Bulldozer loves to cuddle with me more. They are both loving dogs and love to snuggle, but Blossom seems to favour men, even my Grandson.
    Those are such great, adorable pictures!!!! When the boys are cuddling, what would happen if you were to sit near them?

Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Oh nothing happens, I can sit between them, or beside them, but Blossom will always lay on top of my son, but if he leaves the room, she jumps up beside me. Lol. If she's lying beside me and he comes back, she'll want to jump down and go on the other couch with him. I try and hold her beside me, but she keeps trying to jump down and eventually she will. Then I call her traitor. Lol. When I'm home alone they both will lay with me. They aren't aggressive at all or jealous at all towards anyone. They love all dogs, cats, people and especially children.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Oh nothing happens, I can sit between them, or beside them, but Blossom will always lay on top of my son, but if he leaves the room, she jumps up beside me. Lol. If she's lying beside me and he comes back, she'll want to jump down and go on the other couch with him. I try and hold her beside me, but she keeps trying to jump down and eventually she will. Then I call her traitor. Lol. When I'm home alone they both will lay with me. They aren't aggressive at all or jealous at all towards anyone. They love all dogs, cats, people and especially children.
    That sounds so nice! That's what we want.

Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

My two guys are siblings and litter mates, so have been together from birth, and both came home with us on the same day. We made sure to socialize them as soon as we were able, after they had their first 2 shots. We started with familiar dogs in our neighbourhood, and we have 6 kids that are 7 and under in my family, they are all cousins. I made sure they would ot nip the kids by placing the heel of my hand in their mouth, giving them toys and taking them away, I would take away yheir food bowl while they were eating, I touched their paws, their ears, and let the kids pet them so they would be used to being around kids. I taught my grandson to be be gentle and loving with them and explained that they had feelings too, and when he gave them treats, I showed him how to keep his hand out flat, so the dogs couldn't accidentally nip his fingers when taking the treat. I still use common sense with the little ones, and don't leave them alone with the dogs, they still are supervised until they are a little older. My guys are really gentle with the kids, and they love each other.

My Grandson loves all my pets, and he's very loving to them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg  

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by binxrexchubbs View Post
    At least I believe he has. I think he's claimed hubby. So is it possible for a dog to claim a person as theirs?
    unfortunately, yes -- anything they see as a 'resource' can be claimed. Toys, food, person, furniture, leash, piece of clothing, etc
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Frankie loves me the best but gives equal love and attention to all. Brutus is my baby. He will cuddle with the rest of the family but if one of the kids tries to hug me or sit with me, he would create such a fuss and push them away from me. At first it was cute and endearing, but I realized quickly that he was resource guarding me and if I let it continue he would get much worse. Any time he showed ownership of me, I would immediately remove him. Whether it be from the couch, bed, room, whatever. Brutus had to know that I was in charge of who could be near me, not him. The problem with a dog owning an individual is that it will become a problem outside of the house also. If you are out walking or having a play date, the dog will feel obligated to protect you and can lead to a fight. Chubbs has to understand that everything he has is a priviledge including his humans, and if he does not act like a good boy, he will be corrected. IE: no couch, no bed, etc. If Chubbs is being an good boy and is just enjoying one human a little more than another and not showing any aggression, that is normal behavior.
    My smooshy face boy!

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Thanks all! Hubby is finally starting to get it. Told him no more cuddling on the furniture until we resolve this. That we have to be a unit or we re-home Chubbs (don't wanna but I will.) I already have health issues that mentally & physically drain me. I don't need another factor to make it worse. I've been rambling, my apologies!!!

Remove Ads