Mouse in my house!!!! A real one and Ruckus nuzzled it...

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
So this morning I roll Ruckus out of bed and grab my keys to take him for a walk and for some reason I see him pawing and nuzzling at a towel on the ground by his bed. I go over and see what I think is a butcher bone he was chewing the night before (it made sense because I make him lay on a towel to chew them so they don't get everywhere). I reach down and it's a MOUSE that had chewed through the towel and it's little head was poking out. A mouse that is stuck to a sticky mouse trap that it was dragging around...a mouse trap that I didn't put out so who knows where it came from!!! Ruckus wanted to play with it. He seriously nuzzled it. I picked up Ruckus like he weighed nothing and started screaming "Keith Keith Keithhhhh wake up wake up help help help." My poor boyfriend comes running out of the bedroom thinking I hurt myself and it's a baby mouse. Yep. My skin is still crawling. It's a baby, what if there's a nest?!?!?

In the picture you'll see we trapped it under a microwave splash guard...that went in the trash after that use...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421941298.722601.jpg

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Oh my goodness!! I'd have reacted just as you did. From the picture, it looks like you guys got it off the sticky trap. My guess is that one of your neighbors has rats and they put down the traps. I guess the baby mouse dragged it over to your house. EEEEP!! The good news is that, in that situation, you don't have a nest. It's just a lone wolf from your neighbor...

I'm hoping for the best! That is a big fear of mine and I live alone in a townhouse. I'm glad your boyfriend is there with you.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I think i would've freaked out too if i found a mouse in my house. Once i saw a lizzard run in b/c i had left a door open and i have no idea where "he" went. I checked everywhere!

Hopefully that mouse you found is just the one and there are no more to worry about.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh boy! I would have had a heartattack!! Poor little guy though, did you let him go?

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Oh boy! I would have had a heartattack!! Poor little guy though, did you let him go?

Yeah we put him in the alley behind the house, but I don't really think he's ok. Those glue traps are just so awful, I've been upset about it all morning.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh man Jackie, I would have freaked out too. Mice, snakes, and creepy crawly things all freak me out. At my old house, we had mice because we had woods, a river and a nature trail behind our backyard. They came in under the kitchen sink, because that was an outside wall. I would see one or two every winter run through my house, and I would jump up on the couch with feet up. Lol. Then hubby sealed all around the pipes, and we got our cat Meeko. The very first night we brought her home, we dropped her off and went to PetsSmart to buy her food and supplies, when we got home, she was sitting in our living room with a mouse in her mouth. She was only 3 months old. After that, we didn't see mice around anymore.
Thank Goodness.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Well living out here in the boonies we have caught EVERYTHING!!! We catch at least 8-10 mice a year, snakes, spiders, etc… we also have bats, raccoons, possum, deer, coyotes… I was born & raised a city girl in DC, but I have become a "country bumpkin" over the years. I freak out when I see snakes, but the mice don't seem to bother me anymore… Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:eek: :eek: :eek: i would have done the same exact thing! :faint:

Staff online

Members online