Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: licking genital area

  1. #1
    Dog Groomer binxrexchubbs's Avatar
    Country
    US
    Location
    NH seacoast
    Posts
    564
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)
    30

    Default licking genital area

    Okay, let me be more specific. Chubbs goes in circles, FOREVER, licking and (I think) trying to bite his ding-a-ling. I tried looking at it and it looks a little red. Is that normal or is he biting it? He's also trying to lick his rear (super funny how frustrated he gets because he can't reach.) Yes, I've taken baby wipes and cleaned both locations. Maybe he has an allergy?

    Also, if your kid sleeps in a crate... how often do you change the bedding?

  2. #2
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,732
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5593

    Default Re: licking genital area

    Hmm… I would say that a vet visit may be in order, it could be an infected tail pocket, anal gland or something else going on. Do you notice any odd smell?!! I clean dog bedding about once every 2 weeks UNLESS there has been an accident or something… more in the warmer months because well as you know… bullies can be a little musky!!! Lol

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  3. #3
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11533

    Default Re: licking genital area

    are you getting up under the tail real good? sometimes, it is a deeper tail pocket that you first thought. Banks' was brutal, especially in the summer, we were lucky she did not get infections, but it was a daily process (more than once) to keep it clean
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  4. #4
    Dog Groomer binxrexchubbs's Avatar
    Country
    US
    Location
    NH seacoast
    Posts
    564
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)
    30

    Default Re: licking genital area

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Hmm… I would say that a vet visit may be in order, it could be an infected tail pocket, anal gland or something else going on. Do you notice any odd smell?!! I clean dog bedding about once every 2 weeks UNLESS there has been an accident or something… more in the warmer months because well as you know… bullies can be a little musky!!! Lol
    No, no odd smells. Just the smell of a bully. Haha

  5. #5
    Dog Groomer binxrexchubbs's Avatar
    Country
    US
    Location
    NH seacoast
    Posts
    564
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)
    30

    Default Re: licking genital area

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    are you getting up under the tail real good? sometimes, it is a deeper tail pocket that you first thought. Banks' was brutal, especially in the summer, we were lucky she did not get infections, but it was a daily process (more than once) to keep it clean
    I thought I was getting up there good. Everytime I do it he turns around and tries to make me stop. Poor Banks!

  6. #6
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11533

    Default Re: licking genital area

    Quote Originally Posted by binxrexchubbs View Post
    I thought I was getting up there good. Everytime I do it he turns around and tries to make me stop. Poor Banks!
    Banks hated me doing this, but it was for the best. he would always try to stop me, but it was not an option. Next vet visit, have it checked to make sure there is no infection starting, but if you have to spray some witch hazel up under to help keep it clean nad dry
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •