binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Okay, let me be more specific. Chubbs goes in circles, FOREVER, licking and (I think) trying to bite his ding-a-ling. I tried looking at it and it looks a little red. Is that normal or is he biting it? He's also trying to lick his rear (super funny how frustrated he gets because he can't reach.) Yes, I've taken baby wipes and cleaned both locations. Maybe he has an allergy?

Also, if your kid sleeps in a crate... how often do you change the bedding?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hmm… I would say that a vet visit may be in order, it could be an infected tail pocket, anal gland or something else going on. Do you notice any odd smell?!! I clean dog bedding about once every 2 weeks UNLESS there has been an accident or something… more in the warmer months because well as you know… bullies can be a little musky!!! Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
are you getting up under the tail real good? sometimes, it is a deeper tail pocket that you first thought. Banks' was brutal, especially in the summer, we were lucky she did not get infections, but it was a daily process (more than once) to keep it clean

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Hmm… I would say that a vet visit may be in order, it could be an infected tail pocket, anal gland or something else going on. Do you notice any odd smell?!! I clean dog bedding about once every 2 weeks UNLESS there has been an accident or something… more in the warmer months because well as you know… bullies can be a little musky!!! Lol
No, no odd smells. Just the smell of a bully. Haha

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
are you getting up under the tail real good? sometimes, it is a deeper tail pocket that you first thought. Banks' was brutal, especially in the summer, we were lucky she did not get infections, but it was a daily process (more than once) to keep it clean
I thought I was getting up there good. Everytime I do it he turns around and tries to make me stop. Poor Banks!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I thought I was getting up there good. Everytime I do it he turns around and tries to make me stop. Poor Banks!

Banks hated me doing this, but it was for the best. he would always try to stop me, but it was not an option. Next vet visit, have it checked to make sure there is no infection starting, but if you have to spray some witch hazel up under to help keep it clean nad dry

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.