Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Factors to consider when determining how much food to feed is age, and how much exercise they get. A puppy needs more food to provide the vitamins, minerals and calories needed for a growing puppy. It also depends on the food that you are feeding, you will need less food if you use a higher quality of food because more of the food gets digested. When my guys were puppies, I fed them 1 cup of puppy kibble 3 times a day until they were 7 months old, and then I switched them to adult dog food, and reduced the quantity to 1 cup twice a day feedings. We feed our guys Fromm's Lamb and Lentil.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
here is a good guidleine for a puppy

8 weeks1/2 cup 3 times a day
12 weeks2/3 to 3/4 cup 3 times a day
4 & 5 months3/4 cup 3 times a day
6 months to 1 year1.25 to 1.5 cups twice a day

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
All they want. Bowls stay full and they eat what they want.

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
I also feed my boy fromms. I do 1 cup 2x/day. When we first got Chubbs he had loose stool. Our old vet gave us prescription science diet I/D. At some point we got a measuring cup so we use that. We may have to increase his food slightly, maybe to 1.5 cups 2x/day because he always seems as though he still starving. He's definitely a garbage disposal. Question to ask the vet when we see her in a couple weeks.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Also important to note that once their energy level slows down and they become adults it's time to reduce their food to one cup twice a day, especially if you notice they are gaining weight. Usually around age 1.5 to 2 years old. My adults range between 3/4 cup twice a day to 1.5 cups twice a day depending on their size and needs. The boys tend to be the ones who require more (1.5 cups) per feeding. One of my girls is a petite girl at 40lbs so she only gets 3/4 cup twice a day. The other girls get 1 cup twice a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.