Vomiting

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Recently, my EBD Pork Chop started vomiting Sat morning and again this morning and evening. Anything I can give her? I have no idea what caused her to vomit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Both Lola and Floyd have had vomiting incidents (Lola more than once) and all times they had swallowed something they shouldn't have. A chunk of a flip flop, bread bag tie, connector piece for a glow necklace ect. With the times hat caused vomiting They both eventually were able to bring the item up or have it go through.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Recently, my EBD Pork Chop started vomiting Sat morning and again this morning and evening. Anything I can give her? I have no idea what caused her to vomit.

What does it look like? Is she eating, drinking? You can give a Pepcid, if you think she just has an upset belly, but 3x in 24 hrs, I would be thinking of a vet visit.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh no, I hope she didn't swallow something. :(. I would see a vet since it keeps happening , especially if she does it again today.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What does it look like? Is she eating, drinking? You can give a Pepcid, if you think she just has an upset belly, but 3x in 24 hrs, I would be thinking of a vet visit.
It's her food. She eats taste of the wild and her grain free snacks. She's not much of a table food eating dog.

I gave her pepto bismo chew tablet , fasting her 24 hours with water only and bland diet chicken or rice if she continues go to the vet.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh no, I hope she didn't swallow something. :(. I would see a vet since it keeps happening , especially if she does it again today.

I hope not either during our walks she sniffs around and who knows what is out there on the ground in the bushes . I am fasting her 24 hours see how that goes.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Both Lola and Floyd have had vomiting incidents (Lola more than once) and all times they had swallowed something they shouldn't have. A chunk of a flip flop, bread bag tie, connector piece for a glow necklace ect. With the times hat caused vomiting They both eventually were able to bring the item up or have it go through.
True, they can get themselves into trouble swallowing weird things. Even though she's 5 years old she can swallow objects.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It's her food. She eats taste of the wild and her grain free snacks. She's not much of a table food eating dog.

I gave her pepto bismo chew tablet , fasting her 24 hours with water only and bland diet chicken or rice if she continues go to the vet.

Keep us posted.... hoping it is just an upset belly

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, you've been given great advice from others above, and I agree that it may be a sign of obstruction and she may have swallowed something you don't know about. My Dozer is a sock eater, and he has swallowed socks on 4 different occasions, each time he has vomited or pooped them out. Continue to keep an eye on Pork Chop and if he continues to vomit, I would take her to the vet. Please keep us posted on how she's doing. I hope it's just an upset belly, and nothing serious. Sending hugs and prayers your way n

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Keep us posted.... hoping it is just an upset belly
She appears to be under the weather. So far, no vomiting her breakfast chicken and 2 tbsp of rice. I left to work , came home early to check on her found her on the sofa. Her drooling has lessened. I am going to watch her and take her to the vet Friday.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi, you've been given great advice from others above, and I agree that it may be a sign of obstruction and she may have swallowed something you don't know about. My Dozer is a sock eater, and he has swallowed socks on 4 different occasions, each time he has vomited or pooped them out. Continue to keep an eye on Pork Chop and if he continues to vomit, I would take her to the vet. Please keep us posted on how she's doing. I hope it's just an upset belly, and nothing serious. Sending hugs and prayers your way n
I appreciate all the advice :) These can be scary unknown of what they eat. She seems to be in good spirits bec I am home soon to go interpret for a couple of hours and be back shortly.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How's Pork Chop??
She appears to be under the weather. She wants food bec she saw me eat lunch that may be a good sign she is getting better. I am happy no vomiting breakfast so far. I will take her to the vet by Friday.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork chop recovered and is eating again. She's back to her old self:) Thank you everyone for the advice and get well comments. You all rock!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online