They'll be tired tonight!!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Does anyone remember a book, MANY years ago, called "Little Black Sambo"? Where the tigers run around and around til they are just a blur and they turn into butter (I think). This was my Mother's book and she was born in 1931! Anyway, Gertie and Ida were running around my sofa til they were just a blur. (Wonder what Bullies would turn into if they continued to run and run?)I'm thinking with these two maybe sausage gravy? Or syrup, cause they're so sweet. Anyway, they did this til they got so pooped, they're both laying on the floor snoring now.

How is your Bully spending their Fri. night?

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Mine was acting crazy per usual and he was just sleeping on me until i decided to get on the computer, now he is laying on my feet.

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
I think you were spot on with the sausage gravy!
Hudson had a pretty normal Friday night. Hanging out with both me and hubby, begging for "table" scraps (we always eat on the couch), playing with toys, being adorable. It's gonna be a late one for us! Just got him out of his crate again and he's full of energy. We'll see how long that lasts...

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
OMG, as a child I owned a copy of Little Black Sambo, it was one of my favorite books!!!!! I think back now and know it was racist and that is why it is not in publication right now, but I would love a copy! I am 47, wonder if I could find a copy because I loved that book, I am going to start searching, thank you for bringing back a good memory~! And glad they are wore out!!!

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
[[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]: I haven't seen our copy of that book in probably 45 years! I'm 55 and this book was my Mom's as a child. When my sister, brother and I had it, it was falling apart! It was at my grandparents house. I just called my Mom and she thinks my sister may have ours'. I'm going to ask her. I know she won't part with it, but I'd love to see it again. Do you remember the restaurant, back in the 70's, called Sambo's? We lived near one in San Angelo, Tx. It was sort of like Denny's and they specialized in pancakes and there were murals on the walls of tigers. Then they had to change the name of it. I can't remember what they changed it to. I just checked on Amazon.com and they have several copies of the book! Check it out!/COLOR]

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Do you remember the restaurant, back in the 70's, called Sambo's? We lived near one in San Angelo, Tx. It was sort of like Denny's and they specialized in pancakes and there were murals on the walls of tigers. Then they had to change the name of it. I can't remember what they changed it to.

I remember the name being changed, but I don't remember what it changed to. I always thought it was weird that the name got changed, because it was a man of color that owned Sambo's restaurants. I remember reading about him years ago.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
butler is snoring on the bed while i ebn.

[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], there are several old copies on amazon, ranging from 30-90 dollars.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Belly just got taken out and is happily sleeping in her puppy corral. The crate just wasn't working for us..She keeps getting something pinched in the cage...First it was her nose as she had a red mark on her poor lil nose wrinkle...then I think something else got caught but by the time I lifted up the sheet on her crate she was sitting there looking at me. And our Boston would get up in the middle of the night and sit in front of her cage and stare at her till she woke up then she proceeded to scream at the top of her lungs for an hour... so I am now getting some sleep this way :up: we're real party-ers...stayed up till 8:30 pm friday...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.