Thunder shirt

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Has any one ever actually bought one and did it work?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have not gotten one, but I heard several people talking at the vet, saying that it really worked. Don't really know if they put it on the dog-or themselves!!! I am assuming it was on the dogs :D

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes I hear they do, I also think Cheryl used to have one for baby O? [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I have one, but it was for Aldo. For Orion when I need to calm her down I just put a T-shirt on her that's pretty snug.

CharleisMom

Mar 18, 2014
BC, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlei
I have never used one, but any 'shirt' you could buy should have the same effect.
I found out by accident when I purchased Charlei's lifejacket - her cousin (and Italian greyhound) was visiting and they play and run arround like crazy and non stop when they are together. I came home and tried the lifejacket on to see how it fit, and low and behold if it didn't compleatly calm her down! Her cousin happened to have her lifejacket as well, so we put it on, and voila! 2 very calm and chill dogs! We went on to see if her sweaters worked like the lifejacket, and sure enough, they all work like a charm!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My sister bought one and the dog tore it apart while she was at work :blink:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I honestly think it depends on the dog… I have one friend who used it and it worked wonders, but another friend used it and like Christine was saying her dog chewed it up!!! I think it's one of those things you have to try it out… hopefully you can get a refund if they try to eat it… Lol

Ad0rabull

Dec 11, 2014
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Millie
I honestly think it depends on the dog… I have one friend who used it and it worked wonders, but another friend used it and like Christine was saying her dog chewed it up!!! I think it's one of those things you have to try it out… hopefully you can get a refund if they try to eat it… Lol

I agree, I think it depends on the dog and the reason for using it. I fostered a deaf pit bull for a while and we tried the Thunder Shirt hoping to help with her separation anxiety. It didn't work for us at all; She hated it and we ended up returning it, but I have talked to others who have tried it and have had great results so....It's worth a try, just hang on to the receipt.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
It works for my mom's yorkie rescue

sent from my droid mini

Most Reactions