What bully do you prefer?

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
When getting a bully whether from a breeder or a rescue, very few have the chance to choose which one and what they look like. I had my choice between two. I wanted Bear's brother who had more red on his face and his face was more smushed in, to me looked more like what a bulldog should. I got overruled and vwahlah I gots me a Bear with a white face and longer snout. I know we all love our babies and wouldn't give them up for the world. But if you could choose what your next one looks like, what would that be.

Personally I prefer an all white bully which is why i am going to steal [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] Stiggy and [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] Orion >.<

Can't forget [MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] Sam and [MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] Lex hahahahaha and any other white one i can't remember off the top of my head.

Last edited:

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I have always wanted a fawn and white one. one that has some fawn on his face but not much a lot like hudson and one thats def has the bully front legs. I rescued Dozers so he could have been green for all I cared but that is my dream bully, classic bulldog face and build full of wrinkles but not too many.

Last edited:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I think you always want what you don't have. When I had Bentley and Linus - both of whom were all white - I wanted a brindle bully. Now I have a brindle and white bully and have been coveting some fawn ones on here.

You just can't go wrong!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I'd like a fawn one next, or an all white one. Then again, brindle bullies are super cute too. I guess it all depends on what the breeder / rescue has. lol. :lol:

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Silva is fawn and white. We were at a Petsmart in London and there was a white and black one and she was sooo cute but they are rare. I would like one with lots of fawn/brown because Silva is mostly white but I know me and the first one I see I would take! :lol:

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I love my brindle girls! My main thing is a white face. I don't know why, but I love white faces, love an all white, but my "dream" Bully is white with just a couple spots of color on it. I'd love to find one that's all white with a red or fawn spot on it's butt.

OP
mammyglicks

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
@catorres898 ahhhhhhhhh lovely spike and sparkles I shall add to my army. I love them!!

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I would love one that had some brindle spots. Belly's Momma was brindle, but she takes after her Daddy and is fawn and white.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
This is my what I want in a Bully list:
Male. I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but females are called bitches for a reason and they are harder to potty train!
Red/white, fawn/white, brindle/white in that order all with color around both eyes. I like more color than white because less chance of skin problems.
Dry mouth rather than a wet mouth so no huge jowls. I'm getting too old to clean slobber off the ceiling!
Not too many wrinkles and face not too smushed. They are better breathers if the face isn't smushed & less wrinkles = less eye problems, fungus face, etc.
Genes for good health, longevity, large trachea, good temperment should be first on my list.
Now look at what I have. Mack (fawn/white) is perfect on the outside, but his spine is fused and he has heart problems. His Dad was almost 10 when we got Mack 7&1/2 years ago. Ruggles doesn't have color around his eyes, has big wet jowls and a very wrinkled face. Ruggles is the best breather--he doesn't even snore, and his disposition is wonderful. Bottom line is we love what we get and do the best we can to keep them healthy and happy! They are our babies!
I almost forgot, I prefer no underbite, and yes, Ruggles has one! Also I prefer a straight tail over a screw tail!

Last edited:

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
I think we hit the nail on the head when it comes to exactly what my husband wanted. Hudson was his dream bully. I've always liked fawn and white where there's a little more white on the body, but seeing what can happy with skin issues has made me think the current pattern is perfect. I like the little spots on his white ear. I need to show everyone a pic of that at some point.
I like the way tri-color bulldogs look, but I'm sure they're probably not "real" bulldogs and have problems, so...I guess I wouldn't really want one. :)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Personally I prefer an all white bully which is why i am going to steal [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] Stiggy and [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] Orion

No stealing necessary. Give me your address and I ship her free of charge. :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I just wanted a bully, color was not important to me, but now that I have Vegas I love the brindle, but then again every picture I see I think how beautiful the color is. Therefore I am biased I love :heart: them all!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.