Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

Red face Soft Tent Crate for Travel?

Hi guys!!

As some of you know, Matilda is actually my service dog/heart monitor and we travel quite a bit.

We take her regular wire crate when traveling by car, but I leave it at home when we fly. It's just too heavy!

She does just fine in a hotel without her crate, but I still would like something to make her more comfortable. She is absolutely obsessed with her crate and hates when we leave it behind.

I was looking into a collapsible, soft, tent crate that would be easy to fly with on a plane - ideally I could squish it into my suitcase. All the ones I've found seem nice, but have metal bars that make them heavier. Matilda is way past her chewing phase and really doesn't need any kind of cage anymore, so just something soft and foldable would be perfect.

Any ideas? She's about 60 lbs.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Soft Tent Crate for Travel?

I've seen this one and I don't think it has any wires, kinda looks like a suit case. lol

Amazon.com : Portable Foldable Collapsible Soft Pet Puppy Dog Cat Crate Cage Tent House Kennel Travel Folding Pet Carrier Indoor/ Outdoor Pet Home (Black) : Pet Supplies

Good to see you Holly

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I have NO suggestions on the collapsible crate, but I had NO idea that Matilda was your service dog… that is AWESOME!!! So GOOD to see you again Holly, hope all is well w/you guys!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Doug
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dozer and Koda
    Likes (Received)

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin' groomzilla Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ron
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

We had one it was fantastic until he pulled apart at the seams

Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I have NO suggestions on the collapsible crate, but I had NO idea that Matilda was your service dog… that is AWESOME!!! So GOOD to see you again Holly, hope all is well w/you guys!!!
    YES! She finished school last year! I have a heart problem that makes me faint and she alerts me about 5 minutes ahead of time! That was actually why I got a dog (and I adore them, of course) was to see if this kind of training would help me! It's been a life saver.

And thank you guys, I didn't see these crates on Amazon!! All the other ones were really big, thank you!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

On dogdotcom fold to 2" thick @hnhammond
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hnhammond View Post
    YES! She finished school last year! I have a heart problem that makes me faint and she alerts me about 5 minutes ahead of time! That was actually why I got a dog (and I adore them, of course) was to see if this kind of training would help me! It's been a life saver.

And thank you guys, I didn't see these crates on Amazon!! All the other ones were really big, thank you!
    WOW that is amazing, I'm sorry about your heart condition… that must be so very scary!!! Does she go to work w/you?!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Canelo
    Likes (Received)

I have no experience with the tent crate but I did buy Canelo a collapsible play pen (aka the octagon) which we found out in under an hour wasn't going to work, he discovered how to flip it, the stinker. Now he was under 4 months and full of energy at the time. I imagine your baby is calm and will respect the kennel but I do have a mental image of it being rolled into a different position and location in the hotel room, lol. I think you should give it a try. Here are some pics of my little terror and his octagon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    WOW that is amazing, I'm sorry about your heart condition… that must be so very scary!!! Does she go to work w/you?!!
    Eh, it's okay, I don't have it as badly as some people. I usually have a few seconds to put myself on the ground before I faint. But the 5 min warning I get from Til makes a HUGE difference. I don't take her absolutely everywhere, it just depends on whether it's more difficult than helpful to bring her! hahaha sometimes I'd rather just faint and deal with it then bring everything to accommodate 60 lbs of bulldog in a super crowded area! But it's especially useful at home when I'm alone, so at least I can lay down with plenty of time and not risk a head injury.

Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Canelospeeps View Post
    I have no experience with the tent crate but I did buy Canelo a collapsible play pen (aka the octagon) which we found out in under an hour wasn't going to work, he discovered how to flip it, the stinker. Now he was under 4 months and full of energy at the time. I imagine your baby is calm and will respect the kennel but I do have a mental image of it being rolled into a different position and location in the hotel room, lol. I think you should give it a try. Here are some pics of my little terror and his octagon.
    Oh God, those pics are so great! Til would have EATEN that entire pen at that age. She was a little terror! But yes, she's now 2 and a half and calm and knows to just chew her own toys!

Remove Ads