ChapelleB

Jan 15, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Phelps
Hello all, my fiance and I have an 11 year old english named Leon and he is our world (well outside of each other :)).

We were trying to think how we could make our upcoming wedding (5/23/15) unique and incorporate some things we love and we would really love to incorporate our love of bulldogs into our wedding. He is already featured on our save the dates but given his age and some recent health problems, we are hesitant to commit him to too much in the wedding.

The other night I had a dream that instead of a photo booth, we had an enclosed area full of bulldog puppies that people could go in and take pictures with and when I woke up, I told my fiance and he agreed that we have to try and make it happen. Of course, after actually thinking through it, I don't think our venue (the Brown Palace in Denver, CO) would be thrilled about a bunch of puppies running around, guests clothes might get ruined, and most importantly - we need to make sure the little pups are well taken care of so it may be hard to monitor in all the hoopla.

However, we are hoping to possibly do a modified version of our dream in which we can invite a breeder - who might be looking to get his name out (and make a little compensation) - to bring 2 or 3 puppies to our cocktail hour and invite guests to take pictures with an english bull pup as our guest book! Maybe max 5 minutes holding in a well monitored environment and have my photographer there to capture the moments.

Is this totally crazy or something that if we do it right we might actually be able to pull off? If so, does anyone know a bulldog loving breeder in the Denver area that might want to share this moment and our love of bulldogs our friends and family?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You might find one that would be willing..... check the AKC website for breeders in your area and contact them. also, have you thought about asking a rescue to participate -- it would be a great way for them to get word out for potential adoptions?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'd pull a Nike and just do eeeeet!! Such an original idea, can you imagine how your guests would react! and if you need homes for the puppies afterwards I'll give you my address :)

:welcome: to EBN!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
What a great idea! Any guest who doesn't want to hold a pup-kick them out!!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
What a great idea! Um....are we invited?? Lol welcome to EBN. I would love to see pics of your baby.

Tuneybuster

Oct 7, 2014
It's an adorable idea. Does it have to be puppies? I think rescues are the way to go. This way you are helping them and getting all the bully love you need.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Very cute idea. I like the idea of rescues even more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Any way i could get an invite? I wouldn't mind being surrounded by bully puppies.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Very cute idea. I like the idea of rescues even more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same thing I thought of too - have a bulldog rescue bring some of their dogs - maybe some people will fall in love at your wedding!!!

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
That sounds like an awesome idea and I wish I had thought of that for my wedding back last June!!! :yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online