Wiping those wrinkles

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Chubbs doesn't have that many yet. Earlier I was trying to clean what he does have. He thought it was a game of 'try to get the baby wipe.' So I got a treat to keep him seated but I really don't wanna have to do that everytime.

Is it because he's still a puppy or is there a better way?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hmm… well all of my bullies have hated getting their faces wiped, so I wouldn't say it's a puppy faze… Lol I just try to be as quick as possible to make it less painful for ALL of us…

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
we always use treats when we clean Busters, broken up green beans are the best, he LOVES them!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That was all that work with our frenchie.... treat in one hand wipe in the other. Banks was tough too, but Nitschke was brutal -- we had to trick him cause he would try to hide under the table or behind the couch and one held him while the other wiped.

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Well this makes me feel better, it's not just my pups who don't like their face washed. But I was hoping it was just a puppy thing.

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
I have to wipe peanut butter on the side of the tub to keep George occupied while I wipe.. I WISH he would let me do it for just one of his treats!! :lol:

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
When Til was a pup, she did the same thing. What I would do is let her grab a corner of the baby wipe - like we were playing tug with it - and while she was pulling on one end, I would flip the other side up and clean her wrinkles. Not exactly practical but totally worked!

Now she's used to it, although she ALWAYS complains and tries to hide her face from me when I pull the wipes out...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.