Vegas just got back from the Vet

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
aggghhhh poor baby. I am so glad the vet was able to get it out. Vegas needs some extra love :luv:(hug) today. I have to bully mouth fish daily as well. I am certain I don't get everything :(

i am not familiar with this particular affliction with the anal gland (sans rock, lol), what should i look out for or pay attention to in case this happens to Bear? Does it happen to all bullies or is it connected with another ailment?

[MENTION=676]mammyglicks[/MENTION] Some dogs never need it, some need it regularly like Vegas and Sam. It's not a breed specific thing, my mother-in-law's doxies needed it but not her labs. Some dogs are able to express everything from there anal glands when they poop, some don't. The ones they don't need to have them expressed, how often depends on the dog. I know Cali~jenns pug Mugsy needs it done as often as Sam and Vegas. I discovered it needing to be done because like Vegas he started scooting his butt on the floor. Thats how my mother-in-law knows her doxie Doodle is due, she starts dragging her booty on the carpet.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=676]mammyglicks[/MENTION] Some dogs never need it, some need it regularly like Vegas and Sam. It's not a breed specific thing, my mother-in-law's doxies needed it but not her labs. Some dogs are able to express everything from there anal glands when they poop, some don't. The ones they don't need to have them expressed, how often depends on the dog. I know Cali~jenns pug Mugsy needs it done as often as Sam and Vegas. I discovered it needing to be done because like Vegas he started scooting his butt on the floor. Thats how my mother-in-law knows her doxie Doodle is due, she starts dragging her booty on the carpet.

[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] Thank you!! I just want to know what to keep my eye on. Doesn't sound very pleasant but hey gotta love em!!

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
awww, glad the rock was discovered and taken care of. i wondered about this anal glad process too. no signs of my Bullet scooting around yet. wasn't sure if it was something that should be done anyway or wait for signs?!?! ugh, i need a calendar of events JUST for Bullets care. lol :whistle:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh [MENTION=676]mammyglicks[/MENTION] not always is there a sign of needing it done either. My boys have never done any kind of boot scoot or anything else to show they needed it so you may just wanna have them check the next time you go to the vets, that would be the best way to know for sure if they are empty or full.
Poor Vegas, I can imagine how much that poor rock must have been hurting in there. Hope getting it out didnt do too much damage for him either. Now he will be even more terrified the next time he gets poked. Cutty has always screamed like a girl when he has gone, breaks my heart. Mugsy takes it like a champ. haha

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] so is it a fluid filled gland or the doggies just don't evacuate fully like they are impacted?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
It is a fluid. Not their poo but a poo smelly fluid. :lol: All dogs have it but bigger dogs can naturally express their glands when they poo. Smaller ones need to have them done for them and I guess bullies are still on the smaller side of dogs in that sense.

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
poor guy! cannot and do not want to picture a rock stuck in any gland ESP that one

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.