Human emotions that bother dogs?

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Other than the usual such as happiness, frustration & fear, what else can bother a dog? I ask because of tonight's events: I stood next to hubby while he fed Chubbs, for 2 reasons.

1. to see if hubby did anything different than me

2. If Chubbs would still shake with me there

Answers: hubby and I feed Chubbs pretty much the same. He barely shook. So I took over since the food was almost gone. Chubbs was shaking so much ya could hear his teeth chattering (and hubby was still there.) What's wrong with me? [emoji22] [emoji174]

I'm not afraid of Chubbs. I'm sick which doesn't help my mood.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Illness, depression, nervousness... any and all emotions can impact the dogs beahvior - good or bad. It could also be that he does nto have as much respect for you as he does hubby --- work in progress.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Illness, depression, nervousness... any and all emotions can impact the dogs beahvior - good or bad. It could also be that he does nto have as much respect for you as he does hubby --- work in progress.
The possibility of no respect? Well that's def not good and adds to the issue even more. [emoji45]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The possibility of no respect? Well that's def not good and adds to the issue even more. [emoji45]

no it is all the same --- keep hand feeding and project confidence ... it will all fall in place, TIME and PATIENCE!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I think you just need to try and relax as much as possible. He is picking up on every emotion you have. I lived this believe me. When we first adopted frankie he had a bad habit of getting over excited and he would jump and bite. He did this to everyone but me. My husband would yell and pin frankie down until he stopped. Frankie would pick up on my husbands negative energy and would just get worse. I had to leash him to calm him down. This lead to many many fights between us because I was trying to explain this was not a good way of handling him. If frankie tried to pull this crap with me, he was immediately put into a down stay position and I calmly talked to him about manners. Lol. I swear he understood. My husband finall realized he needed to chill out and not get nervous or upset and it changed the whole way frankie reacted to him. Even if you dont think you are feeling anxious or negative, they pick up on the littlest things.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They do pick up every emotion we feel, so as others have said, try to relax as much as possible and don't think about him being upset and try that. Plus a Thundershirt may help too.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.