Am I doing the right thing?

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
Okay...so I brought home our new bully baby, Angel, last Thursday, and my girls are still arguing like cats and dogs! They do really good when we're out on a little trip (We've been to Lowe's, petsmart, my mom's, and to see 'dad' at work). As soon as we're back home its Katy bar the doors! They're back at it again! I'll let them play until it starts getting serious, then I'll break them up, they get the no bad dog, and Penny gets the no sign (mean eyes, and finger shake), and one of them will go into time out depending on who hurt who.
They both seem to want to be together! They eat out of the same bowl, share water, treats, they won't sleep unless they can lay like a dog pile (usually on me somewhere), and they both give each other kisses for a few sessions a day on the head, feet, etc. When they're being nice to each other they both get tons of loves, and usually a treat for good behavior.
Are there other things I should be doing? I've never introduced dogs to each other, and I don't want to be the reason they're fighting so much [emoji20]

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I think they will work it out. Just keep on top of reprimanding them when they act out toward one another. I think I would put them both in time out though so you don't create a jealousy between them.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Unfortunately it is in the Bully nature to play aggressively they will figure it out sounds like they love and care for each other and that is 90%of the battle.
You are doing great keep it up :whew:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Unfortunately it is in the Bully nature to play aggressively they will figure it out sounds like they love and care for each other and that is 90%of the battle.
You are doing great keep it up :whew:

agreed!! :up:

OP
CrazyDogMom

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
Here they are sleeping earlier today. When it's time for a nap they're ready for some mommy loves, and cuddles with each other.
I've tried substituting a toy to chew on for each other, too, but it's just so much more fun to try to eat each other than a bone or toy. [emoji19]
Thank you for the advice! I'll try putting them both in timeout in seperate rooms to see if that helps. It's so mentally exhausting to think your babies hate each other, and a big reason we got Angel was to help Penny, since she's deaf.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421181686923.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421181686923.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Pups will play and play hard, you are doing right by braking them up when they get too rough, just keep doing it, they will learn.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh my goodness, they are so cute together!!! I say keep doing what you are doing and eventually they will work it out…

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
That picture of them sleeping is so sweet I almost cried!!! Sending up good vibes for you!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
you are on the right track... stay consistent on the corrections and as Rosalie stated,,, they should both get time out when something happens.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
They are super cute...you're doing the right thing and you're a good mommy. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.