Chubbs didn't finish dinner

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
I stood up to hand feed, he had maybe 4 handfuls. Then the rg kicked in so off to 'time out' as the trainer class it. When I got Chubbs out 30 seconds later, I sat on the couch. He was more willing to eat but only 2 more times. So, I put the food away. If he was just gonna lay down or sit and stare while the alpha (me) stood/sat on the couch arm with my hand stretched out for, then why should I stay in that position until he decides it's okay to eat?

He drank more water tonight but only because he knows he'll get treats (really not fond of this maneuver.) Put on his Julius to see if it fit yet, no. Went to take it off and a rg type aggression appeared. I knew it was gonna happen but hoping it wouldn't. Hubby wasn't happy and wants to order an e-collar and a pinch collar, etc (I don't.)

I just have to 'breathe and be patient.'

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww I'm sure with love and patience from you, Chubbs will come around. I hope he improves. Sending love, hugs and prayers that you can change his behaviour. I agree with you that he just needs time and patience.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This is actually good to hear -- he (Chubbs) is not happy that you are showing proving to be alpha.... stay the course. Remember to wtch for queue and correct himbefore he reacts... say 'leave it' or a firm 'no' and hold your ground.

'breathe and be patient == both you and hubby!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.