Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thank you for the recommend! I've heard others say it's pretty good. I purchased the Kong Zoom, which also got good reviews and is cheaper. I need to actually use it, I suppose. :p I'm expecting my air filters today or tomorrow. I'm hoping they make a difference for me.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
that baby is so adorable just look at her sweet face!!! :unsure: hope your allergies get better soon.

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thank you Stacy!

I just bathed Bella an hour ago and her dander is back full-force. Is this normal for a bully?

She's going for shots tomorrow, so I'll see what the vet says. Weird, though!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 58

slowly

Nov 8, 2014
Country
en_Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman
My wife is allergic but she seems to be getting better (less reactions). It's only really bad when she touches her eyes after handling the dog.

We have hepa filters that seem to work? We also put that Allerpet D stuff on him once a week. Seems to be working...,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
I'm allergic to the cat... I rotate btwn benedryl and zyrtec/reactine sometimes with the sudafed in it if I'm really congested as well.

sent from my droid mini

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
We also feed raw so Lola's coat is so shiny, I wonder if that would reduce the dander? We only bathe a few times a year as well.

sent from my droid mini
We only bathe HER a few times a year lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That amount of dander is unusual. What are you feeding and have you tried using coconut or salmon oil to her diet? Do you bath her often?

I would try gently using a slicker brush (very gently as they can break the surface if the skin in bulldogs) along with a zoom groom to open the pores of her skin as well.

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
That amount of dander is unusual. What are you feeding and have you tried using coconut or salmon oil to her diet? Do you bath her often?

I would try gently using a slicker brush (very gently as they can break the surface if the skin in bulldogs) along with a zoom groom to open the pores of her skin as well.

I feed her Fromms puppy (chicken, lamb) and I add coconut oil. I just started (2 days or so ago) adding fish oil as well. When she was 9-11 weeks old, I was bathing her every day, but now I rarely bathe her. I bathed her 3 or so days ago for the first time in a month. I only bathed her because the dander was crazy. It didn't help, as you can tell from the pic. :p

The vet said that she's not worried if Bella isn't scratching like crazy. The vet also advised to add fish oil to her diet, which is why I started.

I have a Zoom Groom. I'll use it more often. Thank you!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Just a thought, maybe she's growing a lot and needing to shed some skin, since she's a puppy and hopefully after she sheds it she will reduce the amount of puppy dander as she begins to form her adult coat. Puppy coat is different than adults so I'm praying it will only get better as she gets older.

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Just a thought, maybe she's growing a lot and needing to shed some skin, since she's a puppy and hopefully after she sheds it she will reduce the amount of puppy dander as she begins to form her adult coat. Puppy coat is different than adults so I'm praying it will only get better as she gets older.

Thanks Lisa! :) I'm going for my first allergy shots tomorrow. I've never been this excited over getting shots. The best news is that my insurance allows me to get the serum, weekly office visits, and shots for free. It's all fully covered! This is SUCH a blessing...I was worried I was going to break my bank. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online