ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Hi
Ruby's been in season for the past week now ( first heat cycle) anyway I noticed this morning that she'd wee'd in her bed sometime through the night this is really unusual for her there was abit of urnie on the crate bottom that looks quite cloudy & this morning she's slightly off her food she ate her breakfast but at lunch time she wasn't to intressed she basicly sniffed it and walked away in the end I hand feed her lunch to her just to try get some down her. is all this usual for bitches in heat or should I be concerned and make a vet appointment? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi
Ruby's been in season for the past week now ( first heat cycle) anyway I noticed this morning that she'd wee'd in her bed sometime through the night this is really unusual for her there was abit of urnie on the crate bottom that looks quite cloudy & this morning she's slightly off her food she ate her breakfast but at lunch time she wasn't to intressed she basicly sniffed it and walked away in the end I hand feed her lunch to her just to try get some down her. is all this usual for bitches in heat or should I be concerned and make a vet appointment? Thanks

I would certainly make an appointment. [MENTION=3123]agingermom[/MENTION] had a similar experience and it turned out Bertha was not in heat, but had a UTI, but it happened at the time she was expecting her heat cycle.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
I would certainly make an appointment. [MENTION=3123]agingermom[/MENTION] had a similar experience and it turned out Bertha was not in heat, but had a UTI, but it happened at the time she was expecting her heat cycle.

Oh thanks bullmama I will call the vet first thing and have them check her out, I think she's defiantly in heat cause all her lady area is very swollen but it's just not like her to wee in her bed and usually if we put a bit of something on her kibble she will eat it but even with a bit of something on her kibble she wasn't intressed

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Hi [MENTION=13035]rubymummy[/MENTION]! Bertha appeared to be in heat as well, swollen vulva, Arnold extremely interested, etc. However, once she became in incontinent of urine, extremely unlike her as well, I knew something was wrong. The bad news was that I waited too long to notice and she ended up getting a polyp on her bladder from the irritation of the UTI. Her heat came right after!! It was a complete nightmare! Please let us know what your vet says!!

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Thanks [MENTION=3123]agingermom[/MENTION] hope bertha's okay will she have to have the polyp removed? Ruby's still really playful and being her usual cheeky self - running off with the clothes out of the washer & drier as I'm trying to load them - but il defiantly give my vet a call first thing and have them check her out just be on the safe side as the urinating in her bed does concern me cause it's so unusual for her

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Hi [MENTION=13035]rubymummy[/MENTION]! Bertha appeared to be in heat as well, swollen vulva, Arnold extremely interested, etc. However, once she became in incontinent of urine, extremely unlike her as well, I knew something was wrong. The bad news was that I waited too long to notice and she ended up getting a polyp on her bladder from the irritation of the UTI. Her heat came right after!! It was a complete nightmare! Please let us know what your vet says!!

Just a quick update on ruby I had her at the vets this evening,she's defiantly in heat, she's also got a UTI as well so a weeks course of antibiotics to clear it up and she's to go back in a weeks time to check it's fully cleared up

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Just a quick update on ruby I had her at the vets this evening,she's defiantly in heat, she's also got a UTI as well so a weeks course of antibiotics to clear it up and she's to go back in a weeks time to check it's fully cleared up

Glad you took her in! Is she eating again yet? Poor girl, not fun to have both at the same time. Hope she's feeling better soon.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Glad you took her in! Is she eating again yet? Poor girl, not fun to have both at the same time. Hope she's feeling better soon.

She picked at her breakfast this morning and same again with her lunch at tea time she started on her tea then left it then went back about ten minutes later to finish it off I mentioned this to the vet and she checked her mouth for sores/bad tooth but couldn't see anything she felt it's probably a mixture of the uti and heat that's making her feel abit off poor girl

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Thanks @agingermom hope bertha's okay will she have to have the polyp removed? Ruby's still really playful and being her usual cheeky self - running off with the clothes out of the washer & drier as I'm trying to load them - but il defiantly give my vet a call first thing and have them check her out just be on the safe side as the urinating in her bed does concern me cause it's so unusual for her

Bertha had to have the polyp surgically removed but that was 2 years ago. I am soooo glad you took Ruby in!!

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Bertha had to have the polyp surgically removed but that was 2 years ago. I am soooo glad you took Ruby in!!

Thank-you I am too she started her antibiotics last night so hopefully after a couple of days she'l be feeling herself again.....glad bertha's okay now :) and thanks for the advice

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.