Sore paw & Epsom salts

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
My friends bulky has abit of a red sore paw we have checked his paw and can't see anything init am I right in thinking Epsom salts can help treat this? Is it the normal Epsom bath salts you use or a completely different one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
We couldn't see any open sore's and nothing cyst like but he's very red between his middle toe he's been chewing/licking his paw a lot too, is it just normal Epsom bath salts she should use? And how long does she soak his feet for?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sounds like allergies or yeast between his toes. You can try the Epsom salt if you like, it won't hurt anything and may even help.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Thanks [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] if it's allergies or yeast what's the best way to treat them? I have some Douxo pads I use for Ruby's folds, could she use some of these on his paw? Trouble is her vets arnt open till Monday

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We couldn't see any open sore's and nothing cyst like but he's very red between his middle toe he's been chewing/licking his paw a lot too, is it just normal Epsom bath salts she should use? And how long does she soak his feet for?

yes normal epsom salt.... like 10 mins

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
epsom salt soak (as long as bully will tolerate! :) and then dry completely. Duoxo as much as twice a day (though we never do more than once a day because it is very effective). Things should clear up soon! given that the 'allergen' has been eliminated. Either one as often as you like will help

benny316

Sep 9, 2014
Exmarid Ointment 100g - £3.59 this stuff is really good for between little bullys toes and it is great for inter digital cysts and its antifungal only problem is that it smells like charcoal and little dog will too but its awesome and easy to apply and little dogs dont seem to mind getting it put on

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Thanks [MENTION=12776]benny316[/MENTION] Haha I'm sure she won't mind the charcoal smell if it helps the little guy out [MENTION=3225]aprilemari[/MENTION] I'm might be having s thick moment here but the Epsom salts you use are they actual bath salts or the ones that you can grab from the chemist in a white tub?

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
[MENTION=13035]rubymummy[/MENTION] By chemist do you mean at the pharmacy? They are multi-use epsom salts, white crystals, you can buy at the grocery store in the medicine aisle, or the pharmacy on the shelves near first aid. We use them to soak in, but also in the garden. They're aren't scented or anything.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=13035]rubymummy[/MENTION] you can use the douxo pads, it might help. Then try to figure out what is causing the allergy, it could be environmental or food. If the food has grains in it or chicken I would try a different food.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Sore paw & Epsom salts

Thanks [MENTION=12776]benny316[/MENTION] spoke to my friend today and she's ordered some of the exmadrid so hopefully will get started with that Asap - [MENTION=3225]aprilemari[/MENTION] sorry yes I meant pharmacy I looked on Amazon and they had 2 different ones so it confused me a little ( which is not hard to do haha) [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] I've told her to look for grain free brand of dog food she currently feeds him beta she has just had her flooring replaced in her kitchen so could be that - it flared up around the same time - these bully's are right sensitive souls arnt they

benny316

Sep 9, 2014
Its awesome stuff my becky had an awful time with interdigital cysts and them up (I say them because she had them on 3 paws at the same time) within a couple of weeks she was back to herself. Let's know how you get on with the ointment I have posted about this stuff before on the site as I think that bully owners would prefer this than trying to bath there bullys feet every night anyhow this is a picture of my pack hope that all works out with your little one
1e3823ca27301a89194224cf8188f840.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.