Double leash recommendations???? We're having a special visitor..... So excited

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Next week, Bocephus and I, have special visitor coming to stay for a week (or forever!!!!!).
He's a precious 2 yo from Northern California and I'm very very very excited. I've already made arrangements with his current Mom that we'll meet at the park, introduce them, let them get to know each other, etc. before going to my house.
Frank will be visiting for at least a week so we can see how they get along with each other. I'm not anticipating any issues at all.
My questions is - does anyone use a coupler when walking their dogs????? Or a double leash????
Is it just easier to hold one leash in each hand?????

Any and all advice is very much appreciated!!!!

Kori

Last edited:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I haven't any experience with either, but I wish you the best if luck! I'm so excited for you!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
BEST of luck.... Great you are introducing on neutral ground too! We used a couple for Banks and Nitsche it was nuts because their pace and energy level were so different -- before buying one see how they do and go from there

OP
Bulldozersma

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
BEST of luck.... Great you are introducing on neutral ground too! We used a couple for Banks and Nitsche it was nuts because their pace and energy level were so different -- before buying one see how they do and go from there
Thanks Christine - I will do that. I'm just so overly excited about sweet Frank coming to visit, I can barely stand it. I'm praying he and Bocephus get along well so he can come and live with us forever!

OP
Bulldozersma

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good Luck that Bocephus is going to be accepting Frank as a wingman.

Thank you!!! Bocephus is very dog friendly and I've dog sat before so I'm hoping he'll have no issues at all

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
Next week, Bocephus and I, have special visitor coming to stay for a week (or forever!!!!!).
He's a precious 2 yo from Northern California and I'm very very very excited. I've already made arrangements with his current Mom that we'll meet at the park, introduce them, let them get to know each other, etc. before going to my house.
Frank will be visiting for at least a week so we can see how they get along with each other. I'm not anticipating any issues at all.
My questions is - does anyone use a coupler when walking their dogs????? Or a double leash????
Is it just easier to hold one leash in each hand?????

Any and all advice is very much appreciated!!!!

Kori

Congratulations, very exciting news!

I walk two of my guys using a coupler and love it as it never gets tangled but not sure i would try and walk two dogs that don't know each other that well just yet.
Hoping it all works out for you!

OP
Bulldozersma

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Congratulations, very exciting news!

I walk two of my guys using a coupler and love it as it never gets tangled but not sure i would try and walk two dogs that don't know each other that well just yet.
Hoping it all works out for you!

Thanks Doug - I think I'm going to hold off on the coupler for now but I'm definitely looking forward to walking them peacefully in the future

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Coupler was a better invention that the car and airplane. I love your comment "I'm not anticipating any issues at all". Good luck with that.

OP
Bulldozersma

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Coupler was a better invention that the car and airplane. I love your comment "I'm not anticipating any issues at all". Good luck with that.
I am not going to go into this expecting issues and project those fears onto the dogs. I'm sure they will have a few humps to get over (no pun intended) getting to know each other. Both have experience living with other dogs and both are dog friendly so I have very high hopes

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am not going to go into this expecting issues and project those fears onto the dogs. I'm sure they will have a few humps to get over (no pun intended) getting to know each other. Both have experience living with other dogs and both are dog friendly so I have very high hopes

I've got my fingers, toes and paws crossed!

OP
Bulldozersma

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've got my fingers, toes and paws crossed!
I know [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] - me too!!!!! And I am so very thankful for your assistance in this whole thing!!!! I'll be tagging you in all the pics and updates!!!!

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Hold up Kori. I didn't mean to phase it like that. What I meant was when I get up and both boys are still alive I am happy. When I get home from work and Weesie still has hair, still have a couch and Sheetrock on the wall I am happy. Personally I plan on the worst and hope for the best. I am truly sorry for my comment. Ralphie

OP
Bulldozersma

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralphie - I know there will be an adjustment period and then they will get into the bulldog mischief. I too worry about my hose, the furniture, my sanity....... Haha. I'm just wicked excited about the possibility of adding to the family

Hold up Kori. I didn't mean to phase it like that. What I meant was when I get up and both boys are still alive I am happy. When I get home from work and Weesie still has hair, still have a couch and Sheetrock on the wall I am happy. Personally I plan on the worst and hope for the best. I am truly sorry for my comment. Ralphie

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Ooh how exciting. I can't recommend anything since I walk them on two leads and separately. I know with mine, if I tried walking them together, I'd be face down on the pavement- yeah they pull, even with their no pull harness..lol

We got Wellie September 20th 2014 when he was 13 months old - four months ago. They're still learning to get along. But for the most part, they've accepted each other. They even take cues from each other when one is unsure of how to behave. It's really sweet actually.

If both are really laid back, I don't think you'll have any issues. But all dogs are different.
I remember Rosalie ( @brutus77 ) saying it took Brutus and Frankie about 2 weeks to bond.. mine? ha! Way longer.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online