Strange Behavior

Christina Stevens

Nov 11, 2014
First off everyday my EBD amazes me. He is so fun to have around and everyday he does something different.

The last few days he has started licking the wood door that goes to our basement. I'm not sure why he does this but he just sits there and licks away. Has anyone every had a EBD do this? Any ideas why? He has his appt next week with the vet and I will be sure to ask, but it's very very strange.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Sometimes dogs, particularly bullies, get some OCD/anxiety issues. I'm wondering if this could be what's going on w/your boy. My bulldog Finn likes to lick the bed sheet as he lays in bed, so much so that before u know it, there's a huge circle of saliva on the bedsheet! You can try spraying some Bitter Apple or Bitter Yuck on the wood to deter him from licking.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
it's definitely an ocd thing, he'll get bored with it soon enough.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
As other's have said, definitely a bully OCD behavior. In our last house we had sliding glass doors to the back. Vegas would sit forever and lick the doors. I had a "thick" film of saliva on the bottom half of my door. Now he just licks his feet (I know allergies) but he get's fixated on them until I have to distract him. So even though Strange Behavior, it's "normal" lol

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue and Wellie both lick. Blue loves to lick my pillow. Drives me crazy. Wellie the blanket.

What works for me is giving them these plastic type of rubber bones. They switch from licking pillows/blankets to gnawing on the bones.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks use toLOVE licking the leather furniture... always had to redirect her with a treat or bone. Never understood why, but she just enjoyed it

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Bocephus is exactly the same - will lick the carpet, the leather couch, my shoes - while they are on my feet, the tv (yep - that's always a joy).

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
George will kidnap my yoga socks with the no skid on the bottom and lick away. Funny little hippos we have 😆😆

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.