How often does your EB make you late for work?

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Kevin CONSTANTLY makes me late for work (technically... my carpool).

Kevin decided a few months ago he's to good to sleep in a crate and has taken over our Master Bathroom. He's got his Coolaroo dog bed sitting in front of the Tub, His long shaggy bathmat in front of the shower, and his short piled bathmat's in front of the cabinets and his little baby gate closing him off from the bedroom.

If ANY of these items are out of place he will stay up all night and grunt. We have tried to get rid over the baby gate many times (not fun tripping over it in the middle of the night) but for some reason... He likes to be 'enclosed' (The gate will fall over if he breaths on it... its only there for show :S ).

The bathroom is L shaped with the 'water closet' (aka.. toilet) at the far end in its own room (this is where my problem starts).. and the door swings OUT.. not IN.

Anyway... I get up exactly @ 5:40 every morning... Shower, dress and am out the door by 5:58am.

If at any time i go into the 'lavatory' (pre or post shower) Kevin will lay in front of the door... fall asleep... AND BLOCK MY WAY OUT!! The harder i push... the more he snores.. 75lb of EB on a bathmat does not slide!!!

My only option is to call out and try to wake my wife so she can come remove the bulldog blocking my way :blush2:. And in the end... my carpool laughs at me because i was 10 minutes late due to a dog.

1. I could wake up earlier... But that's not going to happen. :w00t:
  2. I could put Kevin outside... But its sub freezing right now.
  3. I could not close that door... But he's actually closed it on his own when i left it open.

or... I could just wait and use the restrooms at work... which is what i do.. to make my dog (and wife... and carpool) happy.

Have you ever had to use the 'Bulldog' excuse because you where late? :)

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I'm late at least twice a week - Bocephus will overreact to odd items in the morning: me putting on my shoes, picking up my purse, walking into my closet - just the weirdest things.

He is in the "body check" stage of puppydom so heaven help me if I have heels on when he hits me in the shins.....

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh my goodness…

Well I would say that your only option at this point is to leave the door open, or take the door off the hinges. I have teenagers, and believe me we HAVE done it… Lol Wally has gotten to the point, especially if I'm the ONLY one at home that I have to shower w/him in the bathroom. He whines/cries/scratches at the door and it sounds like an intruder is entering the house… :unsure: So HELP ME these OCD bullies… LMAO!!!

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Not a late to work story... but still funny..

When Molly was a puppy she got into my son's backpack and ripped apart his math worksheet. My wife had to tape all 20+ pieces back together and wrote a note to the teacher saying "Please excuse the state of Porters homework, In this case.. the dog actually did eat it!". The teacher framed the taped-up-paper and my wife's note and it still hangs on her classroom wall. :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG.... these stories are priceless! I never had any of it happen, but all ofo ur pups have (did) to follow us everywhere in the hosue... even in the bathroom - they have to be IN the same room regardless of what is going on

TylerV76

Dec 29, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
Been late everyday this week. Georgia gets up, goes outside to potty, eats, then back out to potty. She lays in her bed while I get ready and by the time Im done shes asleep. Generally that would be about perfect except Georgia goes to work with me and getting her back up and convinced to once again go back out into 5 degree weather is not an easy task. Fortunately I dont have to answer to someone but my employees have gotten a kick out of giving Georgia a hard time about her tardiness. They seem to forget how much time they spend during the day spoiling her.

arodriguez02

Dec 9, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
ZOEY
My dog Zoey made me miss an entire day of work! When she was a young pup, I had kept her in the bathroom with her toys and bed while I was as work. I had the baby gate up to confine her. Well, when I arrived home and got within 7 feet of the bathroom, I feel an immediate 'squish' and my heart drops. I make it to the bathroom to see poor Zoey in 2 inches of water! She managed to bite and break the water feed line from the wall to the toilet. Luckily I caught it in time. I had to call off the next day to repair the damages. Didn't see that one coming.:unsure:

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Sorry but this did make me laugh [emoji87] sounds like Kevin doesn't want you to go to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
My dog Zoey made me miss an entire day of work! When she was a young pup, I had kept her in the bathroom with her toys and bed while I was as work. I had the baby gate up to confine her. Well, when I arrived home and got within 7 feet of the bathroom, I feel an immediate 'squish' and my heart drops. I make it to the bathroom to see poor Zoey in 2 inches of water! She managed to bite and break the water feed line from the wall to the toilet. Luckily I caught it in time. I had to call off the next day to repair the damages. Didn't see that one coming.:unsure:

OMG!!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
I could blame Lola, but really I just love to sleep in, and she's no barrier against sleeping in!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.