feeding bowls

ellie67

Dec 15, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Hi does anyone use the slow feeding bowls for there bulldog? Buster still eats his food in seconds even though hes fed 4 times a day and he always seems hungry.With my bullmastif we had to use elevated feeding bowls do adult bulldogs need these .Many thanks Ellie

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I haven't used one but there are several people here who have. Also there are articles that say elevated bowls can cause bloat, but several people use them with no problem. It certainly won't hurt anything if you want to use one. You can try the slow feed bowls or they make stainless steel balls you can put in their bowl to slow them down also.

OP
ellie67

ellie67

Dec 15, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Thanks im going to try the slow feed bowl :)

Christina Stevens

Nov 11, 2014
I use 2 balls and a small kong in his bowl. He wants the food so bad that he doesn't even try to take out the toys.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I added a little water to the kibble with Banks... she always ate like she never had food beforwe -- adding the little bit of water did slow her down a bit

Tuneybuster

Oct 7, 2014
My Buster uses a slow feed bowl and it seems to help him not inhale his food ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420855177.734710.jpg. This is the bowl he has.

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
We used a slow feed bowl for George when he was a puppy! He would eat so fast he would get sick. Now that he has gotten older he doesn't need it, but as a pup it was a god send!

OP
ellie67

ellie67

Dec 15, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Thankyou for all the advice i was thinking it was just buster who ate his dinner so fast, not had it with other puppys .:)

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I used elevated feeders for my bullmastiffs also, but have not considered one for Mabel. I think the balls would work great! I wish I had them for my gentle giants!

OP
ellie67

ellie67

Dec 15, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
image.jpgonly had bullmastiffs previousley ,love the breed to bits ,both mine were the most gentlest loving dogs you could find ,lost my first one at 2 to bone cancer and my second 1 six weeks ago to a tumor on his heart .

wyattevans

Dec 16, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wyatt
Wyatt has been eating his food so fast we switched to a slow feed bowl but now he can't get the food out. He has decided knocking over the bowl is easier. Any suugestions?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.