first time outside

ellie67

Dec 15, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Have just started taking Buster outside on his lead so he can get used to the garden but he seems very nervous and sits down and wont move ,he's been out a couple of times now but doesn't seem anymore confident .Has anyone else had this with there puppy's he's 11 weeks old today.Thank you.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I haven't had this problem, although when we first got Brutus, he was 8wks old and there was 2ft of snow on the ground, so my husband went outside and tunneled pathways for him to potty. The only thing I can think of to get him to move is maybe have treats in your hand and call him to come to you. That way, you are teaching him come and to walk outside at the same time! Good luck.

OP
ellie67

ellie67

Dec 15, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Thank you i will try this:)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would try what the others have said and use treats to get him to move and also learn to come to you. Be patient and the more you take him out the better he will get.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
we currently have an 11 wk old and at first he also did not like the lead so we carried him the the side of the yard and then worked him back to the door -- after 2 or 3 times he got it and he walks freely on lead now

Most Reactions