Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exercise during winter?

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Default Exercise during winter?

Those who have frigid winters/weather, how do you give your baby exercise? Bundle yourself up as much as possible and still go for walks? Keep the walks short?

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Exercise during winter?

before we bought our home with fenced in yard... SHORT wlaks and then we would play keep away with their favorite toy or wrestle with then in the basement
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I live in a city but there's a promenade (esplanade?) directly behind my building. no streets, or traffic- just benches and parks.
    It snowed yesterday so we let the boys off lead (when the park police isn't around..lol) and have them run around for a bit. They love the snow. When it's just cold, we go for a quick walk, then play upstairs for a good half hour at a time.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama that's what we'd love to do unfortunately we live on a 3rd floor condo so I can only do the running around when I know our downstairs neighbors aren't home.

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

We play fetch. Be it frisbee or balls we would play fetch for 30 minutes to an hour.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    I live in a city but there's a promenade (esplanade?) directly behind my building. no streets, or traffic- just benches and parks.
    It snowed yesterday so we let the boys off lead (when the park police isn't around..lol) and have them run around for a bit. They love the snow. When it's just cold, we go for a quick walk, then play upstairs for a good half hour at a time.
    Hahahaha. There a few parks around us but no dogs allowed, subject to $100 fine. One of the parks is smack in the middle of where people drive so that one is a no go. We also have a place along a river but again... subject to the fine. Yet you can walk dogs on the streets downtown... makes no sense since it's on a main road.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dieMuttivonBifi View Post
    We play fetch. Be it frisbee or balls we would play fetch for 30 minutes to an hour.
    Chubbs doesn't like to play fetch unless it's only a few feet away, haha.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Taco & Thor
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by binxrexchubbs View Post
    Chubbs doesn't like to play fetch unless it's only a few feet away, haha.
    Taco is the same way, and I worry about getting him tired out all the time. He adores his chew toys, and always grinds them up against you. This leads to some sort of tug o war/ keep away game. It's boring as all can be for me after the 10th time, but he loves it, and I take the opportunity to work on his behavior, like "wait," and "slow" when he goes into a psychotic mode to get his toy back.

We also found an always populated dog park right by us, and lucky for us Taco likes to run with the labs after tennis balls. Also lucky for us, he just enjoys the camaraderie, and seems to be oblivious to the tennis balls! He slept straight through the night, and wouldn't play for 24 hours he was so exhausted the next day!

Our walks are short, he pulls me in after he does business.

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hahahaha. There a few parks around us but no dogs allowed, subject to $100 fine. One of the parks is smack in the middle of where people drive so that one is a no go. We also have a place along a river but again... subject to the fine. Yet you can walk dogs on the streets downtown... makes no sense since it's on a main road.
    In NYC, we have off leash hours in parks between 9 PM and 9 AM. Of course it's still not allowed in my neighborhood, but that's a whole 'notha can of worms.
    Do they have something like that in NH?

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    In NYC, we have off leash hours in parks between 9 PM and 9 AM. Of course it's still not allowed in my neighborhood, but that's a whole 'notha can of worms.
    Do they have something like that in NH?
    That's awesome!. Unfortunately, we do not have anything like that... well not that I know of. It's either a dog park, a place you can let your dog of leash or a place where you can be fined. Totally sucks!

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by YHSublime View Post
    Taco is the same way, and I worry about getting him tired out all the time. He adores his chew toys, and always grinds them up against you. This leads to some sort of tug o war/ keep away game. It's boring as all can be for me after the 10th time, but he loves it, and I take the opportunity to work on his behavior, like "wait," and "slow" when he goes into a psychotic mode to get his toy back.

We also found an always populated dog park right by us, and lucky for us Taco likes to run with the labs after tennis balls. Also lucky for us, he just enjoys the camaraderie, and seems to be oblivious to the tennis balls! He slept straight through the night, and wouldn't play for 24 hours he was so exhausted the next day!

Our walks are short, he pulls me in after he does business.
    Ah yes, tug of war, haha. We try to work on his behavior but he is definitely one stubborn bully!

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

That's awesome!. Unfortunately, we do not have anything like that... well not that I know of. It's either a dog park, a place you can let your dog of leash or a place where you can be fined. Totally sucks!
    I didn't know either until recently. Give the parks department a call to find out for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads