Thread: Exercise during winter?

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Exercise during winter?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    I didn't know either until recently. Give the parks department a call to find out for sure.
    Great idea, thx!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

we just moved into a house and are still lacking some furniture. So our finished basement makes for a good area to do some runs, about 20 minutes twice in the evening after work. We taught Lola 'touch' command, she will touch her snout to the palm of our hand which we hold out at her height. One of us will be on one side of the basement and we'll say 'touch' or we'll run back and forth with her.

We also have one of those kong food/treat bowling pin toys. We put a few pieces of kibble as treats into it and let her nose it around the basement. From our apt in Toronto, this is way more exercise than she got there. She also had palate surgery a couple years ago and I've been afraid to let her overhead since then, i'm a little over protective when it comes to exercise. She also goes up and down stairs all day following us around.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by aprilemari View Post
    we just moved into a house and are still lacking some furniture. So our finished basement makes for a good area to do some runs, about 20 minutes twice in the evening after work. We taught Lola 'touch' command, she will touch her snout to the palm of our hand which we hold out at her height. One of us will be on one side of the basement and we'll say 'touch' or we'll run back and forth with her.

We also have one of those kong food/treat bowling pin toys. We put a few pieces of kibble as treats into it and let her nose it around the basement. From our apt in Toronto, this is way more exercise than she got there. She also had palate surgery a couple years ago and I've been afraid to let her overhead since then, i'm a little over protective when it comes to exercise. She also goes up and down stairs all day following us around.
    The touch trick sounds intriguing! We also have to go up and down 3 stairs to leave our building. During the day when no one is here & the parking lot is empty (live in a condo with 11 other units and buildings next to us) we can run around. Have to be careful of the ice and snow which has harden.

Chubbs is not allowed to have any treat type toy like Kong. First, we have to fix his food, and now toy, aggression.

Real Name
    Desiree
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    General Patton
    Likes (Received)

My dog looks like and EB and most certainly eats like an EB but does not play like one! Patton requires more exercise than any dog I have ever known! Since it's frigid here being outside isn't much for anyone for a long period of time so we try to play inside as much as we can but Patton never gets tired..EVER. Aren't EBs couch potatoes!? lol
    Proud to be Patton's Mommy.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Today it was -15C/5F and we did a short 10-15 minute stroll outside three times and in the evening just a quick pee...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads