TylerV76

Dec 29, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
So Georgia has settled in and decided shes home and in doing so has taken claim to things to teeth on that arent really intended for teething. Mainly its my shoes, blankets, socks, parts of the couch, pillows, fingers, etc. She has a teething toy she couldnt care less about and half of walmarts stuffed animals department but of course these just arent as much fun as being told no. Today it seems one of her baby teeth came out and she had a little blood that she got on her bed. She then found a sock a little while later and got blood all over the sock (i was trying to cook and in 30 seconds she was in my room in the clothes hamper). Its stopped and I did examine her mouth a few times to make sure she didnt have blood from a cut or something.

Anywho, is there something people have used with success that not only feels good on her teeth but also keeps her interest? The issue is, she goes to work with me during the day and gets mass amounts of attention from coworkers as well as tons of sleep. We have little play sessions thruought the day but most of it she watches me or sleeps. Then we get home and play like crazy for an hour or so but when its time to relax and watch tv she just wants to chew on my fingers or anything thats not hers. Of course i say no about 6000 times but I do understand her teefies hurt.

She has a bone with stuff in it but again, she doesnt seem to care too much about it. Frozen apples are also off the list for the time being till i know her stomachs adjusted to the new food and accepting it.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Get Nylabones and Kong toys and when she bites your hand or anything else she is not supposed to tell her NO and give her a chew toy. Also gate off sections of the house to keep her restricted to certain areas so you can keep an eye on her. Keep the bedroom door shut so she will not get into the closet and cloths hamper. They will eat and swallow socks, panties, or just about anything, and that can cause a restriction, which can be deadly, and if caught in time, it can be an expensive surgery.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
empty recyclable water bottles. Harvey can go through a sackful if allowed. Just remove the cap and the little plastice ring. The crunchy sound entertains them and drives them crazy, at least for Harvey.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My dogs love the big empty jugs from cranberry juice,or other juices(remove lids) and also the empty coffee containers, which are plastic. There are also puppy toy bones that can be put in the freezer.

OP
TylerV76

TylerV76

Dec 29, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
Thanks everyone Im going to try a few of these today.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Right now for Lambeau, we have toys all over the living room floor and he is gated in that room for playtime. Wehn in his crate, I give him the Nylabone keys after having them in the freeze for a few hours.... I also give him ice chips that he loves!

OP
TylerV76

TylerV76

Dec 29, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
Right now for Lambeau, we have toys all over the living room floor and he is gated in that room for playtime. Wehn in his crate, I give him the Nylabone keys after having them in the freeze for a few hours.... I also give him ice chips that he loves!

Those keys are what I need to find. I hear alot of people have success with them. I assume petco should have them?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Those keys are what I need to find. I hear alot of people have success with them. I assume petco should have them?

One would think.... I got them at a small local pet store. I do not go to the big stores much... since I have this great little shop right near my house

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Yes, I got Bella's keys at Petsmart. She also LOVES her KONG Squeezz Stick Dog Toy, Large. I got it from Amazon. I highly recommend it for Bully teething.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue loved the nylabone keys too. Freezing a toy and giving it to them is a great way to alleviate some of the teething pain.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Antlers and raw round bone marrow bones work great. Get the big raw bone marrow bones; they last forever. I get a package a week from the butcher and Amber, Ruby and Austin love them. Antlers work great but they are expensive and over time will get knawed down rather well. Good luck!

Most Reactions