cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
@cali baker That's pretty funny, whenever Buster has met another bulldog he goes straight at the crotch of the other dog. In fact when he was with Tate the last time he could not leave Tate's penis alone, so much so Tate turned and let him know, leave my dick alone bud!!!! lol

This is true! sweet old Buster doesn't hesitate and goes straight to the private parts when he meets/greets Tate. Buster loves showing affection and I recall at the park, [MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION], Buster was also licking/sniffing Tate the Terror's ear a little too long for Tate's liking and he snapped at him. Poor little Buster just wants to be friends is all.

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Yea, I've noticed it when we go to petsmart but it doesn't happen often. Mostly, Chubbs and the other dog(s) just wanna play. However, my kid is extremely confident & he has scared away large dogs such as german shepards! I was baffled.

My in-laws have 2 golden retrievers and the 3 of them get along fabulously.

My parents have an 8 yo kooikerhondje, Tucker who's not fond of Chubbs. Tucker especially doesn't like when Chubbs is outside during playtime because of his favorite toy, the red Kong frisbee as you see in the picture. The first day the 2 met, instead of bringing the frisbee straight back to my dad, Tucker dropped it and walked away because Chubbs stood and blocked the path back to the house. That has NEVER happened before!

They've never gotten into a fight, there is some growling on Tuckers end but other than that... everything is fine.

Kooikerhondje]Page not found | Dogs 101 | Animal Planet[/url]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420615692409.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420615692409.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 44

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sounds like Tuckers jealous because Chubbs is so darn cute!!!!

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
See now what everyone says makes absolute sense. We stopped taking Canelo to dog parks because no dog wanted to be his friend. The last time we went, a Boston Terrier named Charlie attached his jaws to Canelo's jowl and his owner pried him off, apologizing the entire time and thoroughly embarrassed. We were cracking up, Canelo was fine, not bothered by it at all. He knows no strangers, like running and jumping in the pizza delivery guy's car, no joke. He loves everyone and thinks everyone loves him. What I find interesting is where Zoe lives, in the country, there are 5 outside dogs, the alpha is a mix named Killer. He could care less about Canelo, he's very affectionate and accepts Canelo, but he guards his property well so look out, lol. Zoe walks on tip toes around him. While we were visiting, Killer was in the house and curled up next to me while we watched a movie. Zoe avoided Killer and stayed on the other side of the room. Canelo came and hung out with Killer and myself. Thanks all.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The problem is Zoe and not Canelo!!!!! lol
Based on what I am reading here this seems to be more common with the larger EBD. Izzy is more on the small side... she is loud but not as loud as some of the big boys that Ive seen in the EBD meet-ups. She does fine in dog parks and has tons of friends... she is also good about smelling the butts first... lol. She does get a little too close to the face of other dogs... her only problem is when we have toys in the middle. ... but I am sure Izzy would jump in the pizza delivery guy specially if he smells like cheese and pepperone!!!

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
Same thing with June since she was a baby! I always feel sad because other dogs do not play with her at the dog park :( but she would rather run around and meet people anyways and gets lots of attention. My parents 2 large dogs were terrified of her when they met her and she was just 8 weeks old! So weird. They don't mind her now, but are still skiddish when she tries to play with them. I always wondered if it was something to do with her in general, but i've always tried to keep her social around other dogs. Glad to know she's not the only one :) I also agree, she doesn't "meet" dogs the way I see others doing (sniffing their butts, etc.) she's always face first and sniffing which catches other dogs off guard I've noticed. However, when we go to bulldog meetups it's the complete opposite! I guess they just understand each other... :)

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
Charley is about 52 pounds, so not large. We live in a very dog friendly neighborhood with a leash law except down by the beach. There are dogs here, usually bigger dogs, who snarl at Charley. We absolutely don't let him off leash. We don't want him to be hurt. He is sooo gentle and looks at these snarling dogs like they're nuts. Every time we leave him at a kennel he gets into a tussle with another dog. Since we aren't there it is hard to say how the conflicts occur.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions