How does your bulldog beg?

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I was wondering how everyone else's bulldogs beg?

All three of my dogs have different begging habits. Mi'me my Boston/pug begs by doing the typical lay on the floor and does the sad puppy eyes. Sully my French bull/Boston mix will stare and drool excessively...

Curly, however, does something that I've never seen before. He will start smacking his lips. Almost saying mmm that looks tasty, smack smack smack hahaha.

Sometimes I don't even realize he is begging and then all of a sudden I hear him smacking his lips and I turn and see him staring at me.

I really need to get it on video, its the cutest thing.

Do your EBs do anything out of the ordinary when begging?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks did a combination of the 3 you mention... it really did depend on WHO she was begging from

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
They just do their usual: sit in front of me as I'm eating, and S-T-A-R-E. Drives me nuts. As I'm eating I tell them, "now it's mom's turn to eat. This is MY dinner..." they still continue to stare however...

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue sits and stares. If I ignore him, he'll paw at me. If I still ignore him, he'll stand on his hind legs and try to paw at whatever I'm holding that he wants.

Wellie just lies down in front of me, his paws under his face, and gives me big sad eyes.

Both are adorable.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Lol, my guys do the same thing, they sit in front of you and stare you down, looking really cute, and giving the sad puppy eyes.

oh please share with me. Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 142

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea will stand and stare. I tell her no begging and she usually plops down next to me or between my legs if i have my feet up. If she doesn't listen then off to time out she goes. That is the one thing i absolutely will not allow is begging.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
With ME (and I don't know why just me, lol) Vegas STARES and many times has strings of drool from his lips to the ground. With my husband.... Vegas don't even look at him, Joe could be eating a 20 oz. steak and Vegas would not even look. I think it started at puppyhood, I would sneak bites (and still do, on things he can eat, like a steamed veggie) and Joe NEVER did or does.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Lol, my guys do the same thing, they sit in front of you and stare you down, looking really cute, and giving the sad puppy eyes.

oh please share with me. Lol
I love these pictures! Especially the last one with the ice cream hahaha!

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
With ME (and I don't know why just me, lol) Vegas STARES and many times has strings of drool from his lips to the ground. With my husband.... Vegas don't even look at him, Joe could be eating a 20 oz. steak and Vegas would not even look. I think it started at puppyhood, I would sneak bites (and still do, on things he can eat, like a steamed veggie) and Joe NEVER did or does.
Exactly the same thing Bocephus does. He won't make a sound, just sit and stare with the rappel ropes so drool hanging from both sides of his mouth.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Elmo puts his head on my leg and closes his eyes, he is so Funny, My Elmo Boy.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Elmo puts his head on my leg and closes his eyes, he is so Funny, My Elmo Boy.

Aww, that's a sweet beg.

My Bella just sits and stares and then she'll usually jump up to try to get what she wants. When I correct her, she barks her displeasure at me. LOL!

delilah46

Jan 8, 2015
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
We get our girl to firstly sit, then we say "what do you say", she replies with a bark, then we say "high 5" and she high 5's us. Its so cute and she has done this from 12 weeks old

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online