feeding

ellie67

Dec 15, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Hi my puppy is 10 weeks old at what age do you stop soaking there kibble in water ? This is my first bulldog puppy and i cant remember doing it with previous puppy's.Thankyou:)

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
8 wks is fine to give dry kibble, so 10 wks is good too :) I've only heard of soaking kibble when introducing puppies to kibble.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
When we brought the boys home at 7 weeks they were already eating dry. Your good

OP
ellie67

ellie67

Dec 15, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Thank you ,was worried that he may get constipated :mellow:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I also have a 10 week old bully boy... he has been on dry without issue

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
In all honesty you never really have to stop soaking their kibble and you can just cut back on the amount of water you add to it if you want. Pre soaking can help reduce the amount of expansion in their bellies as well which in turn helps to reduce the risk of bloat.

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
I add water to both our dogs food to ensure they take in enough water with a dry kibble diet ( one for medical reasons) it also brings out the flavour in the food for the pups. But I don't let it soak and get mushy anymore so that the kibble is still hard and helps clean their teeth.

OP
ellie67

ellie67

Dec 15, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Thankyou i think i will continue to soak for a little while longer .

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
I have a 1 1/2 bulldog and a 6 month old bulldog. I stil put a little water in their dry food.

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
My girls been on dry since she was about 9week old mainly because she wouldn't eat it wet everytime we soaked it she would turn her nose up at it - my friends bully was on wet kibble for about a year when he was pup, he's now 3 and has a very dry snout her vet told her this is because she kept his kibble wet for to long. Not sure how much I believe that but vets are vets :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
For my pig's,dog's and cats I have always added warm water to there kibble in the winter and cold water in the summer. Just feel it is better for them to eat wet kibble then dry.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I never added water to the kibble and we've had him since about 8 weeks. We kept him on his old food, the one the breeder used for the first month or so and then slowly switched.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.