WHAT FOOD DO YOU SPOIL YOUR BULLDOG WITH ??

roccogarza

Dec 26, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
i Have heard stories of people feeding their bully a steak or maybe some white rice ? not sure if this helps there coat or ?? any advice would be great full

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I avoid rice unless they need to be on the bland diet...... other spoils are only frozen green beans or a marrow bone

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, we don't spoil our bullies with food, I'm a bit of a strict mommy, and don't give them many store bought treats, as too many of them have chemicals, preservatives, and fillers which aren't food for dogs. We feed them their Fromm's Lamb and Lentil, and I mostly use a few pieces of their own kibble when I want to reward them for something, or as a bribe. Lol. they do get 2 Tbsps of plain unsweetened yogurt on their morning kibble every morning for the Probiotics which is food for digestion and for the immune system. We give them fresh fruits such as cut up apples, bananas, ( they get a 1/2 banana each about twice a week as there's a lot of sugar in bananas), strawberries, blueberries, or watermelon. On the evening kibble I add vegetables, usually whatever we are eating that day such as cooked carrots, broccoli, cauliflower or green beans. Some people will give these raw or frozen, but my guys don't chew their food, they tend to inhale it and swallow whole, so I cook them first. For occasional treats I buy Fruitable treats, Wellness soft chew treats, or Benny Bully pure liver treats. I give them peanut butter occasionally, and in the summer when we go to the ice cream store, they will get a kiddie cone with vanilla frozen yogurt. You can make a lot of your own treats homemade, there are many recipes on line for natural dog treats using ingredients like peanut butter, oats, and limited ingredients. When you make your own, you know what's in them. In the summer I take an ice cube tray and place 1 Tbsp of plain yogurt and a tsp of peanut butter in each well and freeze it for a couple of hours for a nice cool treat. If you decide to give Rocco any of the fruits and veggies introduce one at a time and for a week before adding a new one, that way if he oesnt tolerate one of them, or shows any signs of allergies, you will know which one caused the reaction.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon eggs & cheese. Not all at once but in that order lol.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hi, I do not give my dogs any human food.(sometimes green beans) They get one kind of dog treat,that I know agrees with them. Their treat is getting a new nylabone(durabone) as they love them-when they are awake, they are chewing on them.They have every style of them! No duct tape needed.(fingers crossed) Oh, forgot-they do get plain yogurt, which they LOVE!!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
apple slices (they love these), cheese, plain yogurt and frozen blueberries (this is their "ice cream").

OP
roccogarza

roccogarza

Dec 26, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
awesome !!!!! i know rocco will like any of the treats you all mentioned

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Bocephus loves frozen green beans, cauliflower, raw zuchini, ice cubes and watermelon. I'm lucky he loves veggies and I give him plain Greek yogurt occasionally as well.

g8190

Jul 14, 2014
Glen gets chicken, potato, parsnip, brocoli, green beans and gravy every sunday with the family.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I spoil her with homemade meals. I use one protein and vegetables.
I recently, prepped fish and sweet potato with green beans.

Liver , carrots and green beans.
She loves it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
On there birthdays they go to the locally famous Charlie D,s chip truck and Ice cream parlor !
We have the best poutine I have ever had that is rumored to have medicinal properties ( by ME) and the 5 dogs get Ice cream cones served by Charlie himself ( he loves the dogs coming cause it causes a fuss around the place DSCN8068.jpg )

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Every night I eat berries with cream (I'm English, must have cream!). Monty always gets a couple of the blueberries and he gets to lick the bowl, although there isn't much to lick!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.