Taking my baby for a hearing check

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
My little Penny has showed signs that she may be deaf since we picked her up from the breeder, and tomorrow morning we're heading to the vet to have a hearing exam :(
We do have a health contract from the breeder, she passed with their vet, and the initial visit with our vet, but I know hearing isn't something you would focus on at an overall physical. I saw a thread from another member discussing this issue, but I just wanted to reach out to fellow bully lovers to say a little prayer for my pup. She's defiantly not going back to the breeder no matter what, I've already talked with her about our suspicions, and she's okay with it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sending prayers to you and Penny, let us know how her test goes.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts that all goes well !

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so sorry to hear about your baby Penny… sending lots of prayers your way!!! Keep us posted!!!

Lucas Manchego

Dec 24, 2014
Bay area California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brixton
I literally just went through this a few days ago, fingers crossed it works out for you. Your vet should be able to tell you if there are signs of congenital deafness and if you should persue a Baer hearing test. I would stay persistant on working something reasonable out with the breeder in my case a half refund and a future puppy from a safer litter for half price was the agreement we were able to reach. In the mean time since you know you are keeping him good luck and congratulations on the pup!

Also if the breeder isnt willing to work with you or maybe either way I would contact whichever vet performed the health check stating the puppy was in good health before the purchase I know none of this is really new information from what is on the thread for my pup with this situation but I hope it helps a little.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sending good vibs your way, let us know how it goes.

OP
CrazyDogMom

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
They confirmed our suspicions, our little baby is deaf. She also stole all the kisses at the vets office, and made a few doggy friends while we were there. I've been thinking over the idea of training her to visit children with disabilities, and telling her story. I work at Johnson City Medical Center/Niswonger Children's hospital In Johnson City, TN, and I know the kids in Peds, and PICU would welcome some slobbery Penny kisses!

OP
CrazyDogMom

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
d335eb36b7d0ede864dad894afdc16df.jpg

My baby and hubby having a pre-bedtime snuggle fest [emoji5]

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
They confirmed our suspicions, our little baby is deaf. She also stole all the kisses at the vets office, and made a few doggy friends while we were there. I've been thinking over the idea of training her to visit children with disabilities, and telling her story. I work at Johnson City Medical Center/Niswonger Children's hospital In Johnson City, TN, and I know the kids in Peds, and PICU would welcome some slobbery Penny kisses!

That would be so wonderful! She's so blessed to have you.

Ad0rabull

Dec 11, 2014
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Millie

Oh my goodness she's just too cute! I bet she'd make a great therapy dog. Good luck!

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Awe! Penny is adorable [emoji7]best wishes on yours and her new adventure. Bentleys cousin (EB) is deaf and she knows all sorts of sign language commands! It's really cool! Good luck!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.