Water drinking obsession?

mandals0810

Aug 27, 2014
Mississippi
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sassy
Is it odd that my EBD has an obsession with drinking water? I have to watch her water intake, because she would rather drink water than eat. If I don't limit her, she will drink so much, her belly will be distended, and she will vomit. I don't want her to get bloat!

She's even managed to locate the toilets in our house, and if a door to a bathroom is left open, she will drink out of the toilet!

How much water is the appropriate amount of water for EBD to intake daily? I want to make sure she is getting what she needs, but without getting "bloat"

Thanks!

Amanda ;-) (and Sassy)

Tyler

Oct 24, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
if she is drinking excessively there may be an underlying issue and should go see the vet to get checked out. that is just my opinion, someone with more experience on this i'm sure will give you a better answer.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would advice taking your baby to the vets, this could indicate a serious issue… is she having accidents in the house?!! My boxer was just diagnosed w/cushings disease and one of the major symptoms is drinking large amounts of water…

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
There is an under lying issue if she is searching it out .... dogs will drink water to inducing vomitting when they are sick or have an upset belly. Make a vet apoint to have her checked

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Excessive thirst could also be a symptom of diabetes. I would definitely have her examined by your vet very soon. @mandals0810

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Have you measured her water intake? Canelo drinks a lot but he doesn't seek out the bathrooms. If he's outside any water is game so I have to keep an eye on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.