OP
T

tracematt

Oct 27, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
peggy sue
I definitely will continue to redirect her yes. She can't go on to many walks she has a loose kneecap which keeps popping in and out also allergic to grass so quite hard we have to stick to pavements and around 5/10 mins at a timeout with children in the house gets plenty of play time. Not sure on the mice I haven't seen any signs around but I guess she could smell them if there was.but that wouldn't explain why she would sniff everything in all rooms of the house? It really is excessive and wish I was exaggerating but I really am not

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
A couple of my dogs started sniffing all around the house. I saw no signs of anything. I kept asking them "what do you smell?"(like they were going to answer...) Then one day I noticed a dropping on the counter. I had a mouse! In all my life, I've never had a mouse in the house. In the barn,but not the house. I set some poison out on the counter-and I cured that problem. Then they started sniffing on the front porch, and under it,along the drive to the gate. Couldn't figure that out. I found out that a stray cat has been coming around, and has moved into my barn! I have barn cats, but the dogs knew something strange was around.
If the problem IS a mouse, they usually run along the walls, under stoves,possibly along radiator pipes.
Another theory could be a type of petit mal seizure. Or she has just become OCD. which many bullies seem to have. Hope she gets past it. It must be upsetting. I had a GSD who would do some odd things, as a pup. Just really weird things I had never seen before in a pup.
Eventually she began doing stranger and stranger things and then started having seizures.. I am hoping that this is NOT the case with your pup.

OP
T

tracematt

Oct 27, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
peggy sue
All I can do is keep my eyes open for signs of mice but nothing noticed as yet. It is upsetting sometimes I think your nose must really hurt by now all the sniffing she does just wish I knew why. I personally without the vet visit really think she's OCD if this was the case is just redirecting her the way to go or should I be doing something else

OP
T

tracematt

Oct 27, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
peggy sue
great thank you then i shall carry on as i am

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yep I was thinking mouse or lizard too!

OP
T

tracematt

Oct 27, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
peggy sue
o god dont tell me i may have lizards haha

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Hi all hope someone can help over the last 3 weeks peggy sue has developed an obsession with sniffing everything, it started of that she would spend hours sniffing the bottom of one radiator, its now gone to every radiator in the house every cupboard, eveyones shoes every body basically everything she comes into contact with shes sniffing constantly and i dont no why she has started this, i understand dogs sniff ect but this is excessive, we tell her to stop when shes doing it she will stop but just moves to a new object to sniff can any one shed some light on this please as driving me crazy

Better her sniffing than chewing.

Orion is 5 years old and she sniffs EVERY THING. I have to be thoroughly sniffed when I come home. So does my purse. So do my shoes. It's a big world out there. Dogs explore with their noses. Check out this article.

Understanding a Dog's Sense of Smell - For Dummies

OP
T

tracematt

Oct 27, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
peggy sue
Better her sniffing than chewing.

Orion is 5 years old and she sniffs EVERY THING. I have to be thoroughly sniffed when I come home. So does my purse. So do my shoes. It's a big world out there. Dogs explore with their noses. Check out this article.

Understanding a Dog's Sense of Smell - For Dummies

Thanks will.have a read I understand dogs explore with there noses but it really is excessive

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
o god dont tell me i may have lizards haha

Once one of my bulldogs chewed a hole in my house, come to find out we had a mouse! I didn't mean for that to rhyme. I live in Arizona so we have also have a lizards that can sneak in on occasion too!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.